Monty python Not Funny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 1364426"]
I've seen them all on UK Gold and they are all shoot imo. Maybe I just don't get Monty Python, Dads Army and Fawlty Towers but I just did not find them funny.[/quote]

I liked Fawlty Towers and Dad's Army as a kid, but then I grew out of them.

The best comedy I've seen is The Office.

No no, the Office was one of these things which, when I watched, just thought

'WTF? people think this is actually good do they?'

It was just downright uncomfortable to watch, but then, I have never worked in an office (thank God!).

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I think that's John Cleese as Archimedes who was playing keepy-uppy and who put in the cross for Socrates to score. He's not bad.

mangaman

Not all humour dates.

Steptoe & Son, Fawlty Towers and Hancock being examples which would still cut it today. Monty Python was really The John Cleese show, when he left it was truely awful.

Hancock seems to me a classic example of something that may have been funny in the 1950s - but is utterly irrelevant/boring to me.

Fawlty Towers is funny because it isn't suspended in a certain time. The characters could - and do exist today.

Monty Python - hmm. not that funny now. But spawned a whole breed of people who I would find funny now.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Last week on "Fish Club" we learnt how to sex a pike.

Try as he might, Arthur Askey wouldn't carry that one off in a month of Sundays.

Ocelot.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The best bits of Monty Python were hilarious and are still funny even after repeated showings, but they were few and far between. My abiding memory is waiting for the latest episode with eager anticipation and spending all or most of it bored silly at a collection of overlong, predictable and childish sketches. After Cleese left there were more laughs in the test card.

Top Bottom