Moon Meteor Storm Lite Front Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a charger and some 18650 batteries so looking to get a light that takes these batteries so I can just swap batteries mid run.
This light looks the part, just wonder if any CCers have it and can comment on how good/bad it is?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/moon-meteor-storm-lite-light

If this is the same isn't it just a usb charger ?

Perhaps get a cree torch that takes your batteries?

I've got a Meteor Storm lite light and it's excellent. Once you wrap your brain around the user interface and switching between the different modes it's quite intuitive and does give really well focussed illumination.

Things I've never done with it:
  • Run it flat (even on the Dun Run)
  • Used the remote control
  • Used the helmet mount
  • Opened the battery compartment

So I'll have a play when I get home and update you on the last one, unless someone can help first :okay:

OP
OP
B

Bike Tyson

I've got a Meteor Storm lite light and it's excellent. Once you wrap your brain around the user interface and switching between the different modes it's quite intuitive and does give really well focussed illumination.

Things I've never done with it:
  • Run it flat (even on the Dun Run)
  • Used the remote control
  • Used the helmet mount
  • Opened the battery compartment

So I'll have a play when I get home and update you on the last one, unless someone can help first :okay:

Thanks

wajc

Veteran
I'm pretty sure unless things have changed that Moon lights do not use standard 18650 batteries. The positive and negative terminal are at the same end of the battery - they're not cheap and you'll not be able to use your existing charger or batteries

Moon rechargeable 18650 battery

Yup, 18650s.

Piece of cake to remove with a coin, so you could easily charge 2 sets in the light and switch them on the fly. Might invest in a second pair myself :okay:

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
B

Bike Tyson

Yup, 18650s.

View attachment 620902

Piece of cake to remove with a coin, so you could easily charge 2 sets in the light and switch them on the fly. Might invest in a second pair myself :okay:

Thanks, It beats throwing a good light away when the battery fails.:okay:

OP
OP
B

Bike Tyson

I'm pretty sure unless things have changed that Moon lights do not use standard 18650 batteries. The positive and negative terminal are at the same end of the battery - they're not cheap and you'll not be able to use your existing charger or batteries

Moon rechargeable 18650 battery

Thanks, Not sure but I think its possible to use normal 18650 but they wont charge in the light!?, Some more googling to find out for sure!

OP
OP
B

Bike Tyson

No! can only use these proprietary batteries and at £20 each they cost the exact same (with discount) as the light with the batteries in it, might still order this as the second light and get a cheap Cree of Ebay that I can use the 18650s in.

Top Bottom