More cleat help needed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
When I bought my Looks, they came with a pair of cleats. Check with Wiggle.

OP
OP
Moonlight

Moonlight

Well, I've checked the website and it doesn't say anywhere that they do...but I've never purchased anything like this before in my life.

Any advice on float sizes?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
If this is your first foray into clipless then I'd recommend you get cleats with a bit of float. Sit on a table with your legs dangling over the edge and relax. Look at your feet. If they toe in or out you definitely need float. Unless you are very duck-toed or toed in, then I would suggest going for the grey cleats initially which give you 4.5 degrees of float. I have used these with no problems for a couple of years. However, if you get any knee pain at all then consider moving to red, 9 degrees of float.

OP
OP
Moonlight

Moonlight

Thank you very much for such a quick response, my feet seem pretty damn straight to me, but I do tend to cycle a little wonky feet sometimes, especially when I sprint, so 4.5s look good.

yenrod

Moonlight I can say that is a great choice of shoe NW are pretty good - great sole on them too !

Nice pedal too...even though I like Time personally xx(

Over to you - have a great clipless career !

OP
OP
Moonlight

Moonlight

Well yenrod, there we're not my initial choice, but I've had some great advice from the loverly members of CycleChat. Tehe. Thank you, I'm looking forward to them (no pun intended)!

yenrod

Moonlight said:
Well yenrod, there we're not my initial choice, but I've had some great advice from the loverly members of CycleChat. Tehe. Thank you, I'm looking forward to them (no pun intended)!

Moon - the way i see it is that you've got a carbon sole there which you cant go wrong on !

kyuss

Veteran
All clipless pedals always come supplied with cleats, or should do unless the shop has opened the box and knicked them. I'm pretty sure Keo come with the grey ones as standard.

yenrod

Give me Time anyday !

532762.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yenners....Orrible looking pedals...I'll stick with my Campag C Record Carbon Looks and my Look Carbo Pro's - all old school DELTA LOOKS......great looking pedals.....

Never liked Time - think they are ugly... each to their own though ...life would be boring if not !

Top Bottom