More Opinions Needed.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Wigsie said:
Must admit I am a big fan of the hard hitting 'honest' stuff! saw this and thought it was great, we have pitched harder hitting creatives before, but the council are too afraid of complaints and we always end up softening it. The DfT and Think! can get away with it though which is a shame because I would love to do something really hard hitting.

I saw that one when watching the link in the thread about the dangers of driving while on the mobile phone. IIRC there are a few in that "series".

There is also one with a pregnant woman, from Greece? - it is in cyrillic script. You might know the one I mean.

Apologies for going slightly off topic.

The DOE here have a number of other ads that are very hard hitting. My wife finds this one hard to watch -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJqw--DGl8

There's also one on seatbelts

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-GZdyKzh1g&feature=related

I think the lyrics/soundtrack add to the message.
While they will hopefully get people to slow down/belt up/not drink drive, there's a certain type of person who's motivation for not speeding/drink driving/using mobile etc.. is not that its wrong, but that one could get caught.
A classic example of this is the village of Carnaross on the N3 in Rep. of Ireland. Everyone speeds like a loon, then does 30 through the village, then speeds up again.. and only because its a known speedtrap area.

having just glanced at the picture and read the tagline in 2, my first reaction was that it was about traffic pollution, not an accident. i think most people will also just glance at the pics so perhaps the meaning behind that should be made clearer as suggested?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
XmisterIS said:
Personally I find the second one has most impact because it shows the personal consequences of an accident, plus the use of words is clever. I would add some blurb to put it in context - i.e. to explain why the chap is lying there comatose with an oxygen mask.
absolutely

Top Bottom