More real steel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So far, all good!

No morphine and diazapam :eek: Doing well then !
They're stepping me down to Oramorph later.
PS more metal work then. I assume the surgeon will have you sprinting up and down the ward today. :whistle:
Another level added to the previous fusion, so fused from L2 to L5. More nerve decompression at L/2 and T5/L1. Just this minute been for a walk with the physios, complete with two drains and a catheter!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Evil buggers getting you up so early.

PS don't go for a fag outside with all that plumbing - PS I see it every time go to my local hospital, there is always someone outside, that doesn't look very well, having a good drag on a ciggy. The best was when an old lady tried to light up in our spinal ward, whilst she was on oxygen. The nurse had to 'put her out' as her top started to go up.

fossyant

How long will you be in. I'm guessing not long and once you can go to the loo properly then you'll be out. I made sure I didn't get a catheter - was threatened with is as my body was in shock, and wouldn't let me pee. Over a litre of very brown liquid came out eventually.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Hope you are feeling better, that first wee on your own is a great feeling ^_^ I had to have a catheter for 10 days after I managed to fracture my spine in two places, my pelvis in two and I apparently also fractured the joint of my left femur/hip (only found out from medical records)..... silly speeds on a motorcycle, getting a walk even aided is good news.

Take your time and all the advice that they give, soon be up and running (cycling)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Evil buggers getting you up so early.
It's standard practice now, isn't it - trying to reduce the risk of post-op clotting?

PS don't go for a fag outside with all that plumbing - PS I see it every time go to my local hospital, there is always someone outside, that doesn't look very well, having a good drag on a ciggy. The best was when an old lady tried to light up in our spinal ward, whilst she was on oxygen. The nurse had to 'put her out' as her top started to go up.
Same here. The porter who wheeled me down for a CT scan told me that a young man had been in the week before and couldn't last a few days without a smoke. When his mates visited him he got them to wheel him out to the smoking zone IN HIS BED!

That smoking area was in the car park at the front of the hospital. Unfortunately, the wind was often in the right direction to blow the smoke back to the hospital. It was the end of the summer so it was hot in the ward and the nurses had opened all of the windows. A bloody stink, which I found particularly irritating to my barely-functioning lungs.

It suddenly got worse when an old patient in my ward stood at one of the windows and lit up. He got a severe warning from a nurse who pointed out that it was illegal, and also how much oxygen was being used in the ward.

How long will you be in. I'm guessing not long and once you can go to the loo properly then you'll be out. I made sure I didn't get a catheter - was threatened with is as my body was in shock, and wouldn't let me pee. Over a litre of very brown liquid came out eventually.
Cather in as op so long, up to 6 hours, although think it was more like 4.
That came out this morning. Just drains now.
Back to bed, feeling rough as rats suddenly...

@fossis rught, way too early to be moving about.
I can feel the surgery undoing itself, and I'm losing some sensation in part of my right leg.
And they're being tardy with the painkillers.
Lovely.:cursing:

fossyant

Pants, get the pain killers.

It's normal to have you up after a fix - I wasn't allowed to as mine was a break and we were doing no surgery, but make sure you tell them about the leg issues. I was tested every few hours and at least twice a day in later weeks. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

PS your spelling has gone wonky - it's the meds, so don't worry.

Top Bottom