Morning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
How cheery are you when out cycling? Saw two cyclists on the way to the club ride meet this morning and said hello to both of them.

Are you all miserable or do you actually say hello to passing cyclists?

Stu Smith

Veteran
I Always make some sort of greeting..:thumbsup:

mpeter

I usually say hello to pretty much everyone; roadies, MTB'ers, old ladies out shopping, dog walkers, horse riders, horses, cows, sheep....... Maybe that's why I'm so slow. :scratch:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Today i was miserable as we cycled through a good 1/2 mile of flood water over the BB and my feet were wet and cold for at least another 25 miles, got home and i got the "hot aches " in the shower as my feet were blue.
Add a killer wind and my average was down to 16 mph , that or too many mince pies :smile:

I always say hello to whoever I meet on my rides...must say that only about half return the greeting. I used to get a bit annoyed by it but what's the point...if they want to be miserable, let them!!!

Stu Smith

Veteran
Today i was miserable as we cycled through a good 1/2 mile of flood water over the BB and my feet were wet and cold for at least another 25 miles, got home and i got the "hot aches " in the shower as my feet were blue.
Add a killer wind and my average was down to 16 mph , that or too many mince pies :smile:
16 mph thats my average on a good day,when i'm really trying:bicycle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
16 mph thats my average on a good day,when i'm really trying:bicycle:
You cant compare like for like , its all relative but for me its about 2-3 mph less depending on road conditions , group tactics and how my legs are .Suffice to say over a week off the bike dur to stomach bug, sniffles and family commitments meant i cant say i enjoyed my ride today .... literally wringing my socks and overshoess out at the cake stop .What with raynauds syndrome once my hands and feet get cold they get painful and have been known to swell up so not fun.
Still enjoyed the ride overall and i always wave /smile at other cyclists .

Brandane

Legendary Member
This old chestnut again. Depends on the circumstances; if I'm out in the middle of nowhere and bump into another member of the species then I will acknowledge them whether they are on a bike or not. However, if I find myself in the big city I won't be doing a Crocodile Dundee - so I don't bother with them. The in between areas get an in between reaction. So basically, the fact that they are on a bike matters not a jot - it is the fact that they are fellow PEOPLE that decides whether they get an acknowledgement or not.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It is not seemly for a lady to greet unknown guys left, right and centre neither on the bike nor on foot :excl:
Now, if I ever would come across a girl cyclist of course I would give a smile of acknowledgment at least.
Alas, rarely do see a woman cyclist on my travels.

Top Bottom