Morph's dad has cleaned his last brush

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It was a pillar of Childrens Hour from another era. The rush of American cartoons that replaced the progs of my childhood were awful in general. I know what Noodley means it had a slightly creepy feel about it but he was a talented artist.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Like many others, Vision-on , the Gallery, signing for the deaf and that strange Vibraphone(?) piece of music were an integral part of my childhood...

RIP Tony Hart, enjoy the great gallery in the sky...

We're starting to lose the people that we all knew. I mean, everyone who was a kid at that time knew about Vision On et al, whether you liked them or not. Now that we've got a million channels, t'internet and everything else, will we ever have that kind of shared culture again? :biggrin:

Is there a 21st C equivalent of Oliver Postgate out there? I doubt it...

derall

Guru
Slowgrind said:
He had an assistant at one time who signed for the deaf is she still around? And what about Mr. Bennet?

Very sad. I grew up watching Vision On almost from the very start (giving away my age here). Loved the programme.

vislogo.gif
Vision On was developed specifically as a programme for deaf children - which is why there was very little oral / aural dialogue. Most of the dialogue was provided in BSL, with Tony and Pat Keysell doing the signing themselves rather than rely on interpreters - that way they were addressing all the children.

Pat Keysell went on to work extensively with Deaf Theatre groups and with the NDCS.

Together they did a great deal for children who were deaf and he will be missed.

Cranky

Maz said:
Very sad news indeed. His artwork was great and I loved the gentle way he came across on screen.

I had the same thoughts about his quiet manner. Nowadays, children's presenters have to be all shouty and high-energy, but Tony Hart had the magical art of communication without having to try too hard.

purplepolly

:bicycle:

Maz

Guru
User1314 said:
I've never forgiven him for not displaying a drawing I sent to Vision On when I was 8 or 9.

Sad I know but there you are.

It was a drawing of a Spacehip.
Actually my older sister sent a picture in to VisionOn as well. That didn't get shown either.

I see a pattern developing!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom