Most underrated rock/pop group or star????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lardarse rider

Delftse Post said:
A bit cliched, but....the Go-Betweens.

Frickin' YES. Robert Forster and Grant McLennan (RIP). I love the Go Betweens, me.

U

User169

cookiemonster said:
Kirsten Hersh/Throwing Muses/50Foot Wave.

Underrated indeed, although personally I find post-Real Ramona Muses pretty dire; I think they completely lost their way when Tanya left.

What are 50 Ft Wave like?

KitsuneAndy

Pitchshifter.

Possibly the most innovative and original UK based rock band in the last decade.

Big guitars, samples a plenty and drum and bass influenced drums. Absolutely mind blowing.

If anyone feels like a listen I suggest you look for the albums - www.pitchshifter.com and/or Deviant.

tomb1960

Nick Harper (yes son of Roy) brilliant singer-songwriter and guitarist, fantastic live, I wonder if he actively shuns the limelight though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The Only Ones. Brilliantly melodic rock and coruscating lyrics. Baby's Got A Gun is one of the few albums I would unhesitatingly recommend the buying of without having heard it. (Obviously I've heard it, I mean if you haven't.)

Cee Jay

Traffic. Discovered their self titled 1968 album a couple of years ago and have been utterly hooked ever since, hardly a duff album in their back catalogue.
I hardly ever post (must get more involved!)but will take any opportunity to shout / rattle-on about Traffic! :biggrin:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Delftse Post said:
Underrated indeed, although personally I find post-Real Ramona Muses pretty dire; I think they completely lost their way when Tanya left.

What are 50 Ft Wave like?

50 Foot Wave are brilliant. They've only done 1 album so far and it's one of my all time favourites. I would describe it as very pissed off Throwing Muses. I seen them live at Islington Academy in London a wee while back and they just blew everyone away.

BTW, Have you heard Kirsten Hersh's new solo album? Her best?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
bonj said:
but all right now is their only song.

What about Wishing Well, written about Paul kossoff and his decent into oblivion. Also the Hunter? Alright Now is played to death by commercial stations, they have a great back catalogue of songs.

U

User169

cookiemonster said:
[/COLOR][/B]

50 Foot Wave are brilliant. They've only done 1 album so far and it's one of my all time favourites. I would describe it as very pissed off Throwing Muses. I seen them live at Islington Academy in London a wee while back and they just blew everyone away.

BTW, Have you heard Kirsten Hersh's new solo album? Her best?

Thanks CM - that all sounds quite encouraging.

I haven't heard KH's latest solo album, although I did dig out The Grotto earlier this week and was really impressed with how good it is. I see David Narcizo plays on Learn to Sing Like a Star which can only be a good thing.

Top Bottom