Most useless research I have read about today [warning: sex]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To complete my triumvirate of posts about sex for today, I want to share an article I just read (by Paul Gallagher, mentioned in another thread).

Male ‘extreme pubic hair groomers’ at much higher risk of STIs

"Extreme" means a little less than once a month.

The startling conclusion? “Grooming might be a proxy for higher levels of sexual activity and associated infection risk, or that it might cause tiny skin tears, through which bacteria and viruses can easily pass,”

Yeah, my vote is for the former.

Do people get paid to do this research?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
To complete my triumvirate of posts about sex for today, I want to share an article I just read (by Paul Gallagher, mentioned in another thread).

Male ‘extreme pubic hair groomers’ at much higher risk of STIs

"Extreme" means a little less than once a month.

The startling conclusion? “Grooming might be a proxy for higher levels of sexual activity and associated infection risk, or that it might cause tiny skin tears, through which bacteria and viruses can easily pass,”

Yeah, my vote is for the former.

The 'Last Chicken In Sainsbury's' look. :laugh:

Not for me, although I have been tempted to plait it into dreadlocks..................................................................when drunk. :rolleyes:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Working out how diseases spread and who is at the greatest risk of contracting them? Yeah, people get paid to do that.

No link to the study and I can't find it on the STI's website so it's possible that Mr Gallagher is misrepresenting it for journalistic effect. You could forgive him for doing so, I hear he's recently suffered a nasty bump on the head.

Working out how diseases spread and who is at the greatest risk of contracting them?
Yes, but I mean this particular link. You don't need to be a rocket surgeon to work out manscaping -> more sex -> more disease.

But agree, poor Mr Gallagher. GWS.

The 'Last Chicken In Sainsbury's' look. :laugh:

I'm a fan myself, but that's partly because manscaping goes with a lot of other grooming and self care that improves everything.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'd be inclined to pay more attention if he could spell pubic consistently:

"More than 7,500 men in the United States took part in the survey, responding to questions about the intensity (trimming or complete removal) and frequency (from daily to annually) of their public hair grooming"

As said above, younger people with more sexual partners liable to have more STDs shocker.

World stunned.

TVC

So womens magazines (Cosmo et al) promote the idea that females must remove any signs of weeds from the garden by waxing, shaving, plucking or by chemical attack almost on a daily basis. However, if a man tidies up the stragly bits once a month he is involved in extreme grooming.

I think the author has his own agenda.

TVC

[QUOTE 4586053, member: 9609"]Is any of this serious ? if it is it has to be one of the weirdest things I have heard for a while, why would anyone be remotely interested in pubic hair, how would other people find out. Seriously though how does it work ? when folk meet each other for the first time do they show each other their hairstyles? is this sort of stuff normal now? is this what people do on facebook?[/QUOTE]
Facebook? Snapchat these days, apparently as soon as you meet someone you have to start sending each other cameraphone shots of your wedding tackle. Good grooming is essential

TVC

[QUOTE 4586063, member: 9609"]my phone don't even have a camera so I guess I will remain extremely low risk. Can honestly say I have never groomed or even considered it. Weirdest thread of the year.[/QUOTE]
The tree trunk always looks more imposing if you clear away the undergrowth. That's all I'm saying

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4586080, member: 259"]In clothes, hair and anywhere else they can. Lice are really small but they have caused some huge problems in wars.[/QUOTE]
Yebbut...these are pubic lice. They stick to their neighbourhood, don't they?

Top Bottom