Most useless research I have read about today [warning: sex]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe the research suggested that for a one off or short term thing, women prefer a larger penis than they do in a long term relationship.
What makes me think this research was done by men?

(don't you hate it when facts ruin a joke? Majority of the researchers were women http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0133079)

I think its more relevant to hair south of the chin, underarms,chest etc
Yup. The delightfully named service 'sack, back and crack'. Whatever professional waxers are paid, it is not enough.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
@jefmcg Why did you think it necessary to add a warning to this thread's title?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yes, but I mean this particular link. You don't need to be a rocket surgeon to work out manscaping -> more sex -> more disease.
No, you need to be an epidemiologist. Science doesn't rely on common sense, you need data. There's also the possibility that it's one part of a larger study, but the authors felt it significant enough to report, were under pressure to publish, or simply knew that it was the kind of thing that would be picked up by the media and generate publicity.

As for why it's made it into today's papers, it's for the same reason you started this thread, namely
Gotta get the clicks!
It's titillating enough without being rude, so we can giggle at the mention of pubes without having to refer to any taboo sexual practices. It's safe enough without being scary, so it's crabs and the clap rather than AIDS and anal cancer. It's lightweight enough that the Lazy Journalist Scum can just regurgitate the press release without having to go too in depth.

Recent articles from the same journal include
  • Saliva use as a lubricant for anal sex is a risk factor for rectal gonorrhoea among men who have sex with men, a new public health message: a cross-sectional survey
  • Effectiveness of treatment to improve pregnancy outcomes among women with syphilis in Zhejiang Province, China
  • The effect of HIV counselling and testing on HIV acquisition in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review
Which are all more interesting and useful, but don't have the same clickbaity appeal.

Top Bottom