Motivate me please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
March is a comin', hopefully warmer weather, must make a start proper this year.
I want to go to the coast sometime this year, but that's a round trip of 80+ miles & I'm not at all fit, will I succeed ?!
(Don't hold your breath, but I hope so.)
Yes you will!
Take water with you, some snacks, have a break every 15/20 miles, report mission accomplished here :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

Yes you will!
Take water with you, some snacks, have a break every 15/20 miles, report mission accomplished here :thumbsup:

That sounds like good advice. I'm going to see if I can get to Stone, and maybe Worcester this year. When it's warmer. :tongue:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Yes you will!
Thanks Pat, but my problems were 'accident damage of the body' & my 'get up & go' had 'got up & went'. :thumbsup:
(Back in the 70's I used to do 100+ miles on a Sunday ride, but old age takes it's toll.)
Edit: I will be trying out energy gels shortly.

Pat "5mph"

Thanks Pat, but my problems were 'accident damage of the body' & my 'get up & go' had 'got up & went'. :thumbsup:
(Back in the 70's I used to do 100+ miles on a Sunday ride, but old age takes it's toll.)
Edit: I will be trying out energy gels shortly.
Never mind energy gels: cake's the stuff! :hungry: Good luck with your quest!

OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

Nothing more motivating than a blue sky and a big ball of fire about 93 million miles above my head. Im THE worlds laziest man but the sun gives me unbelievable incentive to pull my finger out.

Couldn't agree more. Rain just doesn't have the same effect, somehow. :tongue:

Didn't manage to get out at all at the weekend. Something called "gardening" got in the way. :sad:

Pat "5mph"

Thank God we don't have one of those ! concrete is the stuff no mowing etc and very good fer parking the bike on after a nice long ride !!!!!
You could grow stuff in pots: would hide the parked bike, protect it from the wind :smile:

Top Bottom