Motivate me please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Well done, I know it's hard to get going again.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
(Please take this in the manner in which it is meant, as encouragement.)

I got out for another ride today, did 44 miles, climbed 2300 feet (walked some), (took 5 hours), the sun was out & it was warm.

After having had such a time trying to get my bum on saddle for so long lately, I've made it back to cycling. It feels good. :biggrin:

So everyone, persevere, do what you can, but most of all, enjoy it. Set yourself a little target & go for it, & when you've done that, set yourself another. ^_^

All the best.

OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

Part of my problem of late has been doing rides for no reason. I've still been happy to do a journey with a purpose, but rides for the hell of it have been few and far between.

But I managed to find an hour this afternoon. I did my 14 mile loop in the reverse direction to normal. Some good things happened:

1. New PB top speed of 37mph. :biggrin:
2. Passed the 750 mile mark since starting in September.
3. Did 14.43 miles in 1:00:10, which I think is my best average speed over that distance. I really pushed it hard over the last few miles as I could see the hour mark approaching. A bit of luck with some lights and I might have made it. :tongue:

It was quite warm. Car drivers were nice, for a change. Beacon Hill was its usual tortuous quarter-mile. Short it might be, but it gets to 10-11% near the top so the last bit's agonising on an 18kg bike. Grateful for the red light at the top so I could stop and have a wheeze. :heat:

That's made me feel a whole lot better, especially as I won't get another chance until Monday.

ukbikes

Have you tried looking for new routes on the GPSies.com website? I've just had a look and there are some nice & meaty routes around Walsall.

ukbikes

I was getting a bit of back ache by the third time, but that's not necessarily cycling related as my back's just rubbish in general. :sad:

I've had [have] something similar and found that by changing my handlebar extension for one with a slight (15 degree) increase (upwards) it put less pressure on my neck which in turn put less stress on the main back muscles, and thus helped. BTW, I ride a MTB.

Top Bottom