Motivate me please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

So that's 85 miles now Mr BadExample, time for you to put bum to saddle. ^_^

I did 6 today, nipping to the bank. Does that count? :whistle:

Hopefully things should be back on track now. Honest. :bicycle:

John-Ellis

Well done badexample, keep it up mate.

As for the winter months, I got my self a front spot lamp off ebay about 20 quid and that lit the road up a treat. I then went to sports direct and got myself a muddyfox waterproof cycling jacket, under my cycling jersey I put on a thermal full sleeve top, its still cool but once you get cycling you soon warm up.

Anyhow you have got some nice weather coming and light mornings so enjoy them, I will be making the most of it.

Have fun

John

OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

Well done badexample, keep it up mate.

As for the winter months, I got my self a front spot lamp off ebay about 20 quid and that lit the road up a treat. I then went to sports direct and got myself a muddyfox waterproof cycling jacket, under my cycling jersey I put on a thermal full sleeve top, its still cool but once you get cycling you soon warm up.

Anyhow you have got some nice weather coming and light mornings so enjoy them, I will be making the most of it.

Have fun

John

Thanks for the encouragement John. Getting into a scrape just before Christmas was followed by weeks waiting for a new wheel, and then the snow hit. Cold is manageable, snow is suicidal. After the snow came a bout of laziness, which I believe has just passed. ;)

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Did another ride today, (35 miles).

Cold & overcast, bit of sun, back to overcast, bit of rain, & home.

Did more hills today than of late, to help build up the leg muscles.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
I went out this morning (2 hour loop around some villages I've not cycled through before) for the first time since Tuesday evening and was intending to do another ride after work this afternoon/evening but I've come over all pooped.com, so off for a powernap to see if that recharges the batteries before its too dark.

Been really busy at work recently, working very long hours, so I've just been too tired for my intended 6am laps around the lanes. Think it's my body's way of making me take rest.

OP
OP
mrbadexample

mrbadexample

:boxing: oi Don't make me come down there and put Foot to ASS!

Hope to see some miles on the books soon pal.
Missing the banter

Just a complete lack of time at the moment mate. I haven't been on much in the last week in case I accidentally caught the result of Liege-Bastogne-Liege, which I only got round to watching yesterday! I'm also away for three out of the four weekends next month, so I don't really see things improving too soon. :sad:

DaveyM

Über Member
Just a complete lack of time at the moment mate. I haven't been on much in the last week in case I accidentally caught the result of Liege-Bastogne-Liege, which I only got round to watching yesterday! I'm also away for three out of the four weekends next month, so I don't really see things improving too soon. :sad:

I hate it when life gets in the way too.
I am away for both Bank Holiday weekends and there may be a tiny bit of drinking involved.

When you can get back to it :thumbsup:

Top Bottom