Moto GP begins..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Anyway to watch live for free?

D

Deleted member 26715

Just have to watch the highlights on Quest tomorrow

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
the doc.png

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Was a big fan and arranged my Sundays around it for years.
Thought it was ridiculous that they chased the money and sold the rights to BT Sport rather than staying on a free-to-air channel that allowed the masses to watch, but still kept watching as I got BT Sport "free" with my internet package (although I did pay an extra £5/month for it in HD, primarily because the SD picture was so poor).
Then BT decided to spend £zillions on European football rights and pulled the "free" BT Sport package (mid-contract I might add!), while denying the two matters were linked.
I no longer watch now.

Still a big fan of Rossi though. :okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I was an avid viewer when it was on the BBC, especially with Moto 1 and 2 available on the red button. BT Sport 1 shows the highlights, not nearly as good but I already pay enough and I'm not forking out an extra fiver a month just for the live coverage.

I can't help feeling that Dorna have shot themselves in the foot long term by going away from free to air. The sport has virtually no media coverage in this country any more, I doubt if more than 1 in 100 of the general public could tell you who Carl Crutchlow is, despite being our most successful Grand Prix since Barry Sheene.

Where will the next generation of fans come from?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I was an avid viewer when it was on the BBC, especially with Moto 1 and 2 available on the red button. BT Sport 1 shows the highlights, not nearly as good but I already pay enough and I'm not forking out an extra fiver a month just for the live coverage.

I can't help feeling that Dorna have shot themselves in the foot long term by going away from free to air. The sport has virtually no media coverage in this country any more, I doubt if more than 1 in 100 of the general public could tell you who Carl Crutchlow is, despite being our most successful Grand Prix since Barry Sheene.

Where will the next generation of fans come from?

It was a sad day, euro sport and bbc losing this.
I wish we the paying public could all get togeather and kill sky and bt off.
No money no monopolies, well big grab pay per view anyway

Was a big fan and arranged my Sundays around it for years.
Thought it was ridiculous that they chased the money and sold the rights to BT Sport rather than staying on a free-to-air channel that allowed the masses to watch, but still kept watching as I got BT Sport "free" with my internet package (although I did pay an extra £5/month for it in HD, primarily because the SD picture was so poor).
Then BT decided to spend £zillions on European football rights and pulled the "free" BT Sport package (mid-contract I might add!), while denying the two matters were linked.
I no longer watch now.

Still a big fan of Rossi though. :okay:

Pretty much echoes my F1 story, avid watcher to someone who now doesn't even know when it is on, who won etc.

Top Bottom