Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would like one of these one day... if he ever makes more than 2!

https://www.yankodesign.com/2019/11...6xdKcda3GgRsgs8ojo-wcpc8aiM2s_1ITArPPIysfcgx8
How about one of Randy Grubb's Decopods, look like something @loopybike could build.

View: https://youtu.be/OuvdjiL_G5o

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Is my memory correct in thinking that the fuel tank is behind the side panels, and the dummy tank housed some of the electrics?

Yep, tank was a dummy, real fuel tank under the seat, iirc.

Missed out on a GSX 600F today, problems with the van (broken window) so couldn't get there in time.

Landsurfer

Veteran
From the sublime ... to the ................................

Drago

Legendary Member
Is my memory correct in thinking that the fuel tank is behind the side panels, and the dummy tank housed some of the electrics?
Your memory, Sir, is admirable. Years later Yamaha went much the same way with the Genesis concept, dropping the tank down low behind the engine, although the filler still extended up to the normal position.

Gunk

Guru
Your memory, Sir, is admirable. Years later Yamaha went much the same way with the Genesis concept, dropping the tank down low behind the engine, although the filler still extended up to the normal position.

Yamaha also did it with the V Max, BMW also did an under seat tank with their F800 range of bikes, the thinking was to keep the weight lower down in the frame, although strangely the F800ST felt very top heavy.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Well, the clear out is going well:

Couldn't say no to that. One owner from new, still tested but can't tax it until new V5 arrives. The kick start lever was slipping so spent 2
0 minutes in the cold this morning hack sawing it off. Going to order a new one this week.

MarkF

Guru
Well, the clear out is going well:

View attachment 495197

Couldn't say no to that. One owner from new, still tested but can't tax it until new V5 arrives. The kick start lever was slipping so spent 2
0 minutes in the cold this morning hack sawing it off. Going to order a new one this week.

I just love Vespas, not all scooters, Vespas, l don't like anything about the associated scene, fashion, music, icons, l just like Vespas.

I would smash the screen & box into a 1000 pieces and it'd start to look good. OK it's red, but could be pink...

Top Bottom