Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Thanks, it is completely original and unrestored, I’m a bit of a Blade fanatic I’ve owned a few, this was my last one.

View attachment 493132

I had one exactly the same, sold it in2010 for £2700, nice bike but i had a zx 12r so it felt a bit wheezy... I know :laugh: they were mustard when new

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
A few more have come and gone recently, nothing special mostly the odd Chinese scooter, an (imported) CM125 and a Piaggio 49cc 2T scooter with a fantastic sounding power pipe. This is currently in my garage though...

Wasn't running, quite a bizarre story from the previous owner as to the reason why. Bloody nice bloke though. Anyhow, getting it into my van was less difficult than we thought, I have scaffold planks for ramps and a small 2 tonne winch, which helped enormously. Less helpful was the winch 'doing a cheap Chinese thing' and wrapping the cable round itself, which meant getting the bike back out a bit erm, 'entertaining' though we did it. It's one incredibly heavy pig of a bike to move, to the point of being stupid, really. Not sure if this model has reverse gear, will have a look one day this week. The exhausts are silly cut down things, bike sounds ridiculous, imho. No MOT and back brake doesn't seem to work, might have a look at it this week.

keithmac

Guru
A few more have come and gone recently, nothing special mostly the odd Chinese scooter, an (imported) CM125 and a Piaggio 49cc 2T scooter with a fantastic sounding power pipe. This is currently in my garage though...

View attachment 494380

Wasn't running, quite a bizarre story from the previous owner as to the reason why. Bloody nice bloke though. Anyhow, getting it into my van was less difficult than we thought, I have scaffold planks for ramps and a small 2 tonne winch, which helped enormously. Less helpful was the winch 'doing a cheap Chinese thing' and wrapping the cable round itself, which meant getting the bike back out a bit erm, 'entertaining' though we did it. It's one incredibly heavy pig of a bike to move, to the point of being stupid, really. Not sure if this model has reverse gear, will have a look one day this week. The exhausts are silly cut down things, bike sounds ridiculous, imho. No MOT and back brake doesn't seem to work, might have a look at it this week.

Worth replacing the timing belts as they probably have never been done, not a bad job to do really.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

View attachment 494380

That is just soo diferent from the original Gold Wing -

Levo-Lon

Guru
The full horse unrestricted ZX12 was monstrous, faster than a ZZR1400.

Yes the A1, breathtaking power, i loved the power rush

Smudge

Veteran
Goldwings have never appealed to me, i've never even rode one.
But i did once test ride the Honda F6C Valkyrie cruiser, that had the same flat 6 motor. Massive great thing that is mad as a box of frogs, but that engine is sublime in how smooth it is.

MarkF

Guru

View attachment 494380

I like those early versions, very USA! Still can't get a small (250-400) trailie out of my mind but they really hold their values compared to larger bikes. I saw an Enfield Bullet trail in Shipley this morning and fell in love.:wub:

Royal-Enfield-Bullet-Trails.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Worked evenings and weekends for 2 years to save up and got a Honda CB200 [the green one, obviously!] in 1976. Went everywhere on it for a year until an artic swung out on a dual carriageway in Leeds and the trailer wheels ran over it. Fortunately I went into the central reservation [no barriers in those days] which saved me- the bike was bent like a banana. There was a police car a few cars behind me who called in support to get the HGV who hadn't stopped. Took a year to get the insurance money by which time I'd got used to the bus.
Some cuts and bruises and a hardline crack in my right tibia but got away with it.

Top Bottom