Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
The "Pepper pot". My favourite Blade.

Many years since i rode one, but i remember they were relatively comfortable for a sports bike. Certainly more comfortable than today's instrument of torture race reps.

Smudge

Veteran
Out for a quick blast this afternoon. Not really sposed to be leaving the house, but i need the rotten fuel gone from my bike and some fresh put in.
Not much traffic about, shed loads of bugs tho.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Good news for mine - the MOT runs out early next month; I was contemplating doing a SORN until I could use it again but now I get a pass until October, meaning I can tax it in June.

Gunk

Guru
Many years since i rode one, but i remember they were relatively comfortable for a sports bike. Certainly more comfortable than today's instrument of torture race reps.

That’s why I keep it, at the age of 55 I can still do some miles on it, it’s still fast enough and basic enough that I maintain it myself. I’ve tried newer bikes but they just don’t do it for me.

Smudge

Veteran
That’s why I keep it, at the age of 55 I can still do some miles on it, it’s still fast enough and basic enough that I maintain it myself. I’ve tried newer bikes but they just don’t do it for me.

In the last 20 years, i've noticed bikes getting physically smaller, with short wheelbases for sharper handling. Many street bikes and sports bikes now just don't fit me at 6'1". Which is why i mostly ride adventure bikes now, these are the only bikes that are comfortable for me these days. The only others are cruisers and big cc tourers, neither of which appeal to me.

Smudge

Veteran
Had another ride out on my XSR900 today to burn off the stale fuel. Finally got down to 2L of reserve in the tank. Went to filling station, put fresh fuel in, using a disposable glove i took with me, and added fuel stabilizer. Bike can be locked away in my shed now for however long it takes for this shyte to end.
Now i have to do the same with my CB500X. Gonna take longer with this bike, more fuel in the tank and the fecking thing will over 70mpg.
If only i'd have bought some of those 20 ltr metal jerry cans i saw at a show i was at recently, i wouldn't have to mess about like this. Something to buy in the future i think.

Smudge

Veteran
Seriously?

Yes, gotta problem with that ?

Landsurfer

Veteran
Went out on my RE 400 this morning for 2 hours of riding through the lanes and by ways of South Yorkshire ... didn't stop, didn't interact with anyone .... how can that possibly be a problem in the current situation ...
Put myself and others at risk by queuing for 45 minutes to get into Aldi for the weekly shop this morning, but thats ok !!!
The Police are there to uphold the Law ... not the Guidance ...
#southyorkshirestasi

Levo-Lon

Guru
Went out on my RE 400 this morning for 2 hours of riding through the lanes and by ways of South Yorkshire ... didn't stop, didn't interact with anyone .... how can that possibly be a problem in the current situation ...
Put myself and others at risk by queuing for 45 minutes to get into Aldi for the weekly shop this morning, but thats ok !!!
The Police are there to uphold the Law ... not the Guidance ...
#southyorkshirestasi

If you had a serious accident you would need ICU and take a bed , but do try not to worry about anyone else ..

Gunk

Guru
If you had a serious accident you would need ICU and take a bed , but do try not to worry about anyone else ..

FFS lighten up, we all need to do our own thing to keep sane through this, getting out on mainly empty roads and taking it easy really isn’t doing anyone any harm. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom