Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Was going to go out and do a few miles today, but its pretty cold out there today with a strong north wind. I'm getting too old and knackered to put up with that these days.
It did cross my mind yesterday while out riding, if anything were to happen, how long an ambulance or breakdown could get to me. I expect it would be a lot longer wait than usual. Plus the fact hospital is not a place you want to be atm, unless you have the virus. But with hardly any traffic about, and almost all of my close calls in decades have involved other vehicles, its probably far safer than usual.
But once i've got fresh fuel in my bikes, i probably wont use them again until this situation is over. Riding motorcycles is a social thing for me and i always want to meet other people on my rideouts, usually at bike meets or wherever i park up while out.
Its a real pisser this situation, but what can you do, just hope it doesn't last too long.

MarkF

Guru
Was going to go out and do a few miles today, but its pretty cold out there today with a strong north wind. I'm getting too old and knackered to put up with that these days.
It did cross my mind yesterday while out riding, if anything were to happen, how long an ambulance or breakdown could get to me. I expect it would be a lot longer wait than usual. Plus the fact hospital is not a place you want to be atm, unless you have the virus. But with hardly any traffic about, and almost all of my close calls in decades have involved other vehicles, its probably far safer than usual.
But once i've got fresh fuel in my bikes, i probably wont use them again until this situation is over. Riding motorcycles is a social thing for me and i always want to meet other people on my rideouts, usually at bike meets or wherever i park up while out.
Its a real pisser this situation, but what can you do, just hope it doesn't last too long.

It'd be the opposite right now, the ambulance bods would be fighting over the job. I'll give my m/bike a fuel blow out on the way to work this week.

MarkF

Guru
In the last 20 years, i've noticed bikes getting physically smaller, with short wheelbases for sharper handling.

Yes, the 1995 CBR1000 & XJR1200 I had look gigantic today. But smaller bikes are getting bigger, I thought a CB300 was a 600cc or so bike.

Had another ride out on my XSR900 today to burn off the stale fuel.

I really like those and the 700, I've seen loads in Spain but maybe 1 on the road in the UK. After all this crap is over the 1962 Vespa can go and the 1992 MX5, then I am going to treat myself to something.:okay:

Smudge

Veteran
Yes, the 1995 CBR1000 & XJR1200 I had look gigantic today. But smaller bikes are getting bigger, I thought a CB300 was a 600cc or so bike.

I really like those and the 700, I've seen loads in Spain but maybe 1 on the road in the UK. After all this crap is over the 1962 Vespa can go and the 1992 MX5, then I am going to treat myself to something.:okay:

I had an XJR13 back in the early noughties. The only green coloured bike i've ever owned.
I went to road the last edition of them that came out in 2015, as Bransons Yeovil were doing them brand new for a bargain £7K in 2017. But the clutch was so stiff it killed my arthritis, so that was when i bought the XSR instead. Been pretty happy with it, and its pretty comfortable for a naked street bike.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had an XJR13 back in the early noughties. The only green coloured bike i've ever owned.
I went to road the last edition of them that came out in 2015, as Bransons Yeovil were doing them brand new for a bargain £7K in 2017. But the clutch was so stiff it killed my arthritis, so that was when i bought the XSR instead. Been pretty happy with it, and its pretty comfortable for a naked street bike.

I owned a xjr13 for a whole week and covered a staggering 70 miles.fook I hated it.
That was a rose tint buy, thought it would be awesome..no it was awful.
Fooked it off and got a triumph ST 955 lovely

Smudge

Veteran
I owned a xjr13 for a whole week and covered a staggering 70 miles.fook I hated it.
That was a rose tint buy, thought it would be awesome..no it was awful.
Fooked it off and got a triumph ST 955 lovely

Great triple engine the Triumph 955, i had it in a 2005 Tiger i once owned. But Triumph were such a shyte company to deal with on warranty, i wont buy their bikes again.

keithmac

Guru
Next generation biker on the cards.

I purposefully bought a "bitsa" so we could rebuild it together and he can appreciate how it all works.

My daughter got stuck in as well!.

Gunk

Guru
You’ve done well to get your kids involved, tried to get my son interested a couple of years ago but it wasn’t really for him.

IMG-3745.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry but the Lifan................it could go around the world for a cost of 1 penny, I am still not getting on it.....plus, I am not sure that is cheaper to use/own/run than my more useful 65mph, 2 seater, 95+mpg, 130 mile range, 125cc Suzuki Van Van. I bought it for £1200 (ish), it's now worth more........

https://www.cyclechat.net/attachments/or2-jpg.178654/
I have a lovely Moto Guzzi 750 Breva in my shed. Its from 2006 and is like new.

However my Honda Innova 125 gets used far more and is great fun. I would have no problems having that lifan as a run around. A suzuki Van. Now that I would struggle with :smile:

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru

The CB300 in Repsol colours is a fine looking bike. The youth of today are also quite spoilt with these modern 125s imho, some really nice/sporty/bigger-than-they-look examples out there.

Top Bottom