Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Fookin horrible things
There's a place for them, my boss had an Iron Horse Chopper (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_IronHorse) out in Florida (he may still have it) I borrowed it whilst working out there, it was great 1800cc V-twin, all noise & no go, didn't go round corners but there aren't any so it didn't matter. But sat on the Freeway doing 60 getting all the kids in the cars staring at you was fun

Smudge

Veteran
Only ever owned one cruiser, this Suzuki Intruder 1800cc. It was fun to do the cruiser thing for a few years, but i dont think i'll ever get another. A fabricator i know chopped off the huge zorst pipes for me and made these short slash cut tips. I also had to have baffles made for it as it would set car alarms off without em.
It was a cruiser with decent power though, 125bhp and around 120ft/lb torque. But it was a heavy mutha.

1585924359063.png

D

Deleted member 26715

Yeah the one in the states was a handful at anything under about 15mph reversing was nah on impossible but once moving out was fine but glad I don't have dentures

Smudge

Veteran
The Zook was a supremely comfortable motorcycle to ride, once i'd put a small screen on that is. The forward pegs had the perfect placement for me and the standard seat was shaped like a big tractor seat.
Did many trips to rallies in Belgium on it and it was the most comfortable bike out of all the different bikes i ever rode over there on.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Only ever owned one cruiser, this Suzuki Intruder 1800cc. It was fun to do the cruiser thing for a few years, but i dont think i'll ever get another. A fabricator i know chopped off the huge zorst pipes for me and made these short slash cut tips. I also had to have baffles made for it as it would set car alarms off without em.
It was a cruiser with decent power though, 125bhp and around 120ft/lb torque. But it was a heavy mutha.

View attachment 512360

I'd have a go on that, it'll have brakes and power :laugh:
Bloody Harley noise generator things don't have eiher:laugh:

Smudge

Veteran
I'd have a go on that, it'll have brakes and power :laugh:
Bloody Harley noise generator things don't have eiher:laugh:

I dont remember the brakes being that good, but the power certainly was.
But they were obviously better than Harley's standard brakes, so good enough.

Gunk

Guru
I rode a 1200 Sportster about 5 years ago and it was fricking horrible, it vibrated, it felt gutless, didn’t go around corners and didn’t stop. It just felt outdated and agricultural.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
HD are losing sales in the States, they have little appeal to the younger generation and their traditional customers are getting too old to ride.

A mate had a Heritage Soft Tail Classic, going out with him was embarrassing as it was so slow.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Blast from the past, we were importing these from Japan 20ish years ago (my very first bike on the workbench was an NC30!).

Cracking little bikes, loved working on this one.

Whoever's painted it has done a sterling job!.

View attachment 512341
That would have been a "Grey Import" I believe, second hand bikes from Japan that were generally only a year old because of their stringent MoT tests. Most were 400cc which I believe is the top limit over there, baby versions of bikes like the 'Blade.

I had a 400cc Honda Bros, a beautiful and immaculate V twin that I loved, but I only kept it a short while as Mrs SJ became an enthusiastic passenger and the rear seat was too small.

keithmac

Guru
We brought in a couple of Honda Bros's, NC30's NC35's GSXR FZR and ZXR400's (ZX's were prone to head gasket failure), Bandit 400 VVT "Red Heads", NSR Smart Card and RGV SP's, Tri Arms (NC23?), Honda Fusions (called them carpet monsters), CBR and FZR 250 4 strokes that had 20,000 rpm redline.

Those were the days, 40 bikes in a container and we labelled in alphabetical order, ended up at J I think?.

Dream Machine did a few special paint jobs including a few Smokin' Joes NC30's!.

Levo-Lon

Guru
We used to have to lift those off the side of curtain side wagons bolted in their crates from Yamaha.

Carb balance at PDI and they were a different bike to ride.

A mate brought his round to me...he had been sorting it ... :banghead:
Pulled the carbs apart and couldn't put them back together Amongs many other things:laugh:

Fooking mega jigsaw for me.
Anyhow after sorting it I thought this obviously needs testing...:eek: :laugh: awesome ..
And interesting :eek: :laugh:

Top Bottom