Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Never ridden one with 10" wheels, mine has 12",
You might be right I have no idea what size they are/were I was just guessing, all I know is they were a lot smaller than my RD250 at the time & it wobbled to buggery on the ride, clearly IT didn't & I did, but never been back on one & that stupid gear change on the handlebars :laugh:

MarkF

Guru
You might be right I have no idea what size they are/were I was just guessing, all I know is they were a lot smaller than my RD250 at the time & it wobbled to buggery on the ride, clearly IT didn't & I did, but never been back on one & that stupid gear change on the handlebars :laugh:
Earlier ones did have 10" wheels and there was a good reason for increasing the diameter.^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Im thinking about getting a scooter - it looks so much fun. The only thing is I am quite a nervous cyclist - wonder if I would just be a nervous wreck riding the thing !

As a youth (1963), I had a motorcycle. I never took my test, just rode on L plates. In those days, you just got on and rode, no CBT or whatever.

Many years later, aged 65, not having ridden a motorcycle since I was 16, I decided I would like to pass my test, so that I could ride (and carry passenger on) a small (125cc) scooter.

My motorcycle enthusiast son-in-law convinced me I should take the "full test" so that I could ride any motorcycle.

This, I duly did and passed first time.

I can honestly say, there were times while learning, I was scared stiff, if was not for the fact that my wife had told all and sundry about my latest bit of madness, I would have crept off home, and quietly forgotten the whole thing.

But, by the end of the training, I passed my test, and, I was really enjoying riding a motorcycle.

I bought a 650 Kawasaki, enjoyed that too, but, wife would not get on the back, and, daughters complained continually about me riding it.

So, traded the Kawaski for a 250cc Yamaha xMax, scooter. Still great fun, wife hets on the back, daughters complaints are muted, but not silenced.

My advice, go for it, you only live once!

MarkF

Guru
So, traded the Kawaski for a 250cc Yamaha xMax, scooter. Still great fun, wife hets on the back, daughters complaints are muted, but not silenced.

The Xmax must be the most popoular mode of transport in Spain! Is it true that they have no oil filter and you have to change the oil every 1000 miles?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The Xmax must be the most popoular mode of transport in Spain! Is it true that they have no oil filter and you have to change the oil every 1000 miles?
I must admit to total ignorance on that. I ride it and enjoy. I take it to garage for service once per year. I have had it for 7 years, so, that would seem to work. ;)

keithmac

Guru
@MarkF, you're right!, they don't have an oil filter, just a reusable strainer for the oil pump.

Honda C90's used to have no filter but an internal "sludge trap" but the Yamaha doesn't have one of those either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-083608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-083608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2

Gunk

Guru
I cleaned mine today and put it away for Coronavirus hibernation, Shame as it’s perfect riding weather.

D

Deleted member 26715

So admit it who had/has genuine scrapes on their knee sliders?

Top Bottom