Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
If you've actually ridden motorbikes for "loads of miles" i'm sure your very aware of helmet turbulence and it's effects.
>70 MPG / 280 per tank@£11 per fill.
29hp in this day and age is remarkably similar to the 29hp of previous days.
Only real problem is the seat height ... it's for shortarses. Good seat raising kits available, personally i have a swimming float cut to fit and gaffer taped on top for long rides ....
Excellent forum ... but very dry humour abounds .... http://www.royalenfieldowners.com/index.php?whats-new/posts/48161/

I recently read about a bloke touring South America on a RE Himalayan, it was a great read and interesting that he flew out his own bike rather hiring something at his destination. I don't understand how RE has the RRP lower than the "old" 500's?

Landsurfer

Veteran
I recently read about a bloke touring South America on a RE Himalayan, it was a great read and interesting that he flew out his own bike rather hiring something at his destination. I don't understand how RE has the RRP lower than the "old" 500's?
I think it's a question of numbers ... the Indian Forces, Police, Fire Service et al ... use the Himma as the weapon of choice.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I can't read about the RE Himalayan without immediately remembering the shot-in-the-foot promotional video RE put out ahead of its launch. Lots of footage of the bike crossing landscapes and offroad trails, then a small jump. As the bike lands the left-hand footpeg detaches from the bike just as it goes out of shot. In the original video you see the rider look back and down but a later, edited version crops this out, but you can still see the footpeg departure. They literally used footage of their bike falling apart in the launch promotion. I'm sure they don't all do that but I simply can't unsee this.

Gunk

Guru
I can't read about the RE Himalayan without immediately remembering the shot-in-the-foot promotional video RE put out ahead of its launch. Lots of footage of the bike crossing landscapes and offroad trails, then a small jump. As the bike lands the left-hand footpeg detaches from the bike just as it goes out of shot. In the original video you see the rider look back and down but a later, edited version crops this out, but you can still see the footpeg departure. They literally used footage of their bike falling apart in the launch promotion. I'm sure they don't all do that but I simply can't unsee this.

There’s another photo doing the rounds of the frame snapped at the headset.

Smudge

Veteran

I remember that, it was all over the motorcycle forums. I expect someone in RE got a bollocking for putting that vid out.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Well i'm off on a ride tomorrow morning on my Himma, Rotherham to Stoke-on-Trent via Chesterfield and Buxton on the outward journey and Ashbourne on the return .... weather looking good ... my 10 year old has her kit ready to join me .....
Think i'll check the footrests are tight before i set off ...:laugh:

Wookee

Another biker here - it's my main form of transport with an engine and has been for years.
Bike history:-
600 Divvy
FZS1000
VFR750
Aprilia Tuono
FZ6
FZS600 - which I still have with 84k on the clock though I may have to change it for a big scooter as a bulging disc in my back is making riding uncomfortable.

At work I get to ride a BMW RT1200 ^_^

MarkF

Guru
Well i'm off on a ride tomorrow morning on my Himma, Rotherham to Stoke-on-Trent via Chesterfield and Buxton on the outward journey and Ashbourne on the return .... weather looking good ... my 10 year old has her kit ready to join me .....
Think i'll check the footrests are tight before i set off ...:laugh:

About 2000 I had a Kawasaki GTR1000, a big beast of old tech tourer, riding into my garage (around my car) I caught by footrest, the whole footrest aluminium hanger broke in half!

And

Fun sponge
...and yet another biker, currently riding a Tiger Explorer

Smudge

Veteran
I'm gonna do a service today on my XSR9 and booked in tomorrow for a front tyre. Cant get my usual Pirelli Diablo Strada, so its going to be a Pirelli Angel ST, 20 sovs more over the Strada and i've not used these before. Reviews look ok though.

Top Bottom