Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Mine is an RR-P manufactured in late 1992 and registered Jan 1993, so a very early bike.

I had a 1994 Urban Tiger before but I always wanted an early twin headlamp model. So this one is for keeps :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Isn't the internet ace? Two more bikes arrived today whilst I was at work, the complete one is a Derbi GPR50 limited edition thing, the other is a 1983 Yamaha RS125DX in bits. Also bought an unused Micron from the vendor of the RS (he said it didn't fir the Yamaha) and fingers crossed, it looks like it'll go straight on to the MBX50!

1592425602107.png

1592425674940.png

Mrs Cavalol saw a picture of my 4 mopeds earlier and said 'Do you really need 4 motorbikes?' Good job she never comes to my storage.

Drago

Legendary Member
The H cafe have opened up for takeaways, so popped down for a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie

View attachment 527420
That's a really nice, clean Widowmaker. A historic bike for what it represented in terms of the developmental leap, and straight original ones must be getting rare now.

My BiL has a really nice, clean and original CBR400RR from that same era. He's quite ill and has had to give up riding but won't give it to me, or even sell it :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm on the lookout for a RGV250 if anybody knows of a sensible priced one, the R1200GS is currently on Ebay

Profpointy

Legendary Member
People get even more impatient stuck behind a slow motorcycle than when behind a bicycle. They see a motorbike and they think it is able to go faster and the rider is just dawdling.

I had a ridiculous overtake riding my 1050 cc Triumph in town the other day. This car was driving up my arse despite my driving at the speed limit and more to the point at the same speed as the car in front. It seemed that leaving a safe gap (which I increased because the clown was so close behind) was somehow dawdling. He then did a slow, admittedly safe enough, but utterly pointless overtake into the gap. We were side by side in different lanes at the next junction

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I once test rode an RGV 250. The damn thing struggled to move with my lardarse blubber manly muscular weight upon it.
Yeah I can imagine the same with me until you get it above 9K once rode the lads Aprilla 50 but it's one of those itches, can't see me keeping it long if I find one

Proto

Legendary Member
Going back up in value now, I had a RRW 1998 fantastic bike.

So did I!!
Black and silver, a big comfy armchair but fast.

D

Deleted member 26715

Mine was burnt orange, gorgeous bike, wish I could still ride one now, but the old bike injury from 1977 is catching my knee up.

Gunk

Guru
80 Miles this morning, met some pals in Hungerford for a coffee and bacon sarnie, it was lovely just sat on a bench in the sun chit chatting and watching the world go by. The ride through Wantage and Lambourne was glorious, I left at 8.00am so at that time it wasn't too hot.

Rode back via Goring and Berinsfield, I didn't stop at the H as by that time it was roasting, soI decided to press on home. Nice ride though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've owned my bike for five weeks now and I've racked up a huge total of 40 miles. Bandage finally came off the finger today so I can get a glove on so it's all systems go.

Starting tomorrow that is, when the temperature is set to drop ten degrees. No way am I riding with a helmet on today, even my open face one. I've just cut the grass and I'm dripping wet and absolutely knackered, much as I like the heat this is murder.

Gunk

Guru
I've got a very sore right wrist, it may be the start of arthritis, but I'm suffering this afternoon. Really it's time to pack in sportsbikes, I'm 55 now and none of my friends still ride them. My wife would be delighted if I got rid of it!

Top Bottom