Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I dunno my Honda CB125S was one of my favourite bikes, nimble and quite a torquey little motor, it helped that I'd fitted a 1 tooth bigger gearbox sprocket though as it used to over rev in top before.
That takes me back, to changing sprockets on the SS50 to try to get extra speed out of it

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That takes me back, to changing sprockets on the SS50 to try to get extra speed out of it
I don't know as it made it faster but instead of it screaming away in top at about 70 it sat at the same speed but with the tach just on the red line.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cleaned the Max yesterday. not used it since I rode it up to Manchester airport before this virus malarkey kicked off. cleaned, lubed, sprayed anything shiny with duck Oil, waxed the paint, covered her back over. I doubt i'll be riding her again for the foreseeable, nowhere to go and lots of reasons not to go there.

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't know as it made it faster but instead of it screaming away in top at about 70 it sat at the same speed but with the tach just on the red line.
I used to be awesome at slip streaming & totally fearless, the other 2 lads I knocked around with had brand new bikes an AP50 & a newer version of the SS50, mine was several years old.

Both their bikes were faster than mine, but if I could get into the slip stream they couldn't leave me, I would be inches off their back wheel, they would be weaving all over the road to break the tow. No idea how I didn't die in those first few months of being on the road, although I did only last 8 months before being taken out by a car, compound fracture of Femur along with broken tibia & fibula, honest Guv I was innocent on that occasion.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Lovely little bikes, though they all look as though someone has pinched the engine! Having ridden a couple of 50s in a field, I'm glad I started on the road with a 125

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Slow bikes (especially 49cc etc) ARE dangerous, as if someone pulls out on you at (your) top whack, you're a bit knackered for getting out of trouble. Even just using 40mph roads can be hair raising because of the impatient idiots who want to overtake when there's traffic coming the other way.

At 17 I thought I knew it all, but fair play part one of the bike test (equivalent to CBT now, I suppose) taught me a couple of things that have stayed with me, and saved my bacon more than once.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
People get even more impatient stuck behind a slow motorcycle than when behind a bicycle. They see a motorbike and they think it is able to go faster and the rider is just dawdling.

Gunk

Guru
The H cafe have opened up for takeaways, so popped down for a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie

D

Deleted member 26715

that’s why I bought the very best early bike I could find.
Mate still has an N reg, not sure of the generation, he bought it for £3,400 when I think it was 3 years old, he reckons the went down to about £1,700 but figures it's now climbed back over £2,200 & rising.

Top Bottom