Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Mate called round today he's 60 next week, he's just chopped in his 94 Fireblade for a CBR1000F he was struggling with the Fireblade riding position

Gunk

Guru
Problem is that it was always a bike I wanted to own, and this is my second Blade so I struggle to get excited about a modern alternative. I might look at a 1200 GS, I've ridden one and they are really good.

D

Deleted member 26715

Problem is that it was always a bike I wanted to own, and this is my second Blade so I struggle to get excited about a modern alternative. I might look at a 1200 GS, I've ridden one and they are really good.
I have just sold one last week, I was disappointed in the seating position, there was still not enough space between the seat & the pegs for me, the pegs wanted to be lower, or the seat higher, but if the seat went up I'd struggle to reach the floor & I'm 6ft.

The other issue was the weight, I hated moving it around, getting it in/out of the garage, felt like it was trying to kill me all the time it was like wrestling a tiger, but once aboard & above 5 miles an hour it was a different story, superb balance & agility

figbat

Slippery scientist
I know how good the GS is but I struggle to get excited by them. I've not ridden one and I suspect that if I did I'd like it, but I tend to shy away from over-hyped things and go for the left-field, unsung, overlooked ones.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Couple more joined the fleet, today. The 750KZ is really only fit for (some) parts, I'm hoping the down pipes will fit my 1974 750/4 chop, but I think they're going to be different.

1593377297865.png

The MBX 125 should sit nicely along side it's 50cc brother. Only had a short blast on it so far, typical Honda 2T of that era where nothing seems to happen until quite high on the rev counter when it starts taking off very nicely. Bonus Allspeed exhaust should sound nice at full chat.

1593377128695.png

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Whoever destroyed this sought after classic by "Customising " it ought to be put up against the wall and shot, after first having a kidney removed without anaesthetic -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB...080309?hash=item3da6e5c1f5:g:vvAAAOSwXfhfCh~M

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Saw this at the river (Dee) today. Still think these are the best looking four stroke bikes of all time, an absolute work of art...

1597005302370.png

Had been down there on a scooter ride out (that's not mine in background) then went later on the FS1M and photobombed it, as the kids would say...

1597005384616.png

Yesterday took a team photo of the mopeds, the AR was bought last week and got delivered Friday morning...

1597005474342.png

Also scored a belly pan for the MBX50 and a proper fuel tap (neither of which fitted yet), then took it for a short ride out, followed by coming back for the X7, and a blast on the TS.

MarkF

Guru
This is a great book for those of us who were the luckiest 16 year olds ever to live. Viable transportation at 16, wow, how far have we gone backwards? We put so many obstacles in the way of kids growing up and then whine about the results! At 16 I rode with others to the south of France on an FS1E just like the one on the cover.

nd2DBh3WNDSPliY8ElbkPw1T-kQOzIwQ8ovGsWMdxRkGp6n1S0.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member

keithmac

Guru
I've thought long and hard about that. I've read all the "Chinese bikes are crap" comments on the forums but they all come from people who have never owned one. The general opinion is that they have improved considerably in recent years and are not far behind Japanese standards now (Small capacity Jap bikes are nearly all made in China anyway). I've spoken to a few owners and comments are positive, looked after they seem to last.

My budget is limited to What Mrs SJ is happy with me spending, I could afford a good bit more but that would not really be fair as it is only a leisure toy. A lot of people advise to get a second hand CB125 for the same money as a new Lexmoto - £1500 - but I would not buy a second hand 125. Most have been owned by young learners and those I see about are rolling wrecks, thrashed to bits, dropped, shagged chains hanging off and rust everywhere. Mine will be garaged, dry weather only and I know how to look after bikes, I've had enough of them. The other plus is that I have a dealer fairy close by, the nearest Japanese place is 70 miles away. Two years warranty too, so I'm prepared to take a punt.

We have been main dealers for Yamaha, Peugeot, Royal Enfield, Piaggio Group (Vespa/ Aprilia/ Moto Guzzi etc) and work on all makes.

We took Lexmoto on last year on a trial after working on them for many years and seeing them improve on build quality and parts support.

We have only had to repair one enginennin a year (have stripped countless of the posh "premium" Italian ones).

I would estimate we've sold possibly 80 to 100 units in a year and haven't had much in the way of warranty claims to deal with, any we have have been dealt with very quickly by Lexmoto (CMPO) and next day parts supply most of the time.

I think the Diablo, Enigma, Echo and Tempest have been the pic of the bunch.

As with anything it's the dealer support that goes hand in hand with the bike, if you have a bike that's poorly PDI'd and poorly serviced then it will be a poor bike regardless.

They have had teething problems, we have the seat buckets out on the scooters to check for pipe routing etc as a matter of course, grease various connectors but thats because we do a proper PDI.

Valve clearance check on 1st service (majority don't need adjusting).

I've genuinely been very surprised, we've had far less warranty issue than other far more expensive makes.

As for "Made In China" you'd be surprised what is, it's all down to quality control.

10 years ago we wouldn't have entertained any Chinese brand after seeing them through the workshop but they have improved no end.

Top Bottom