Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Except the really high ape hangers it is very nice. Not a huge fan of Harleys but they make a great chop.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Except the really high ape hangers it is very nice. Not a huge fan of Harleys but they make a great chop.
Eh????

17k on Facebook marketplace. Yeah, right.

Drago

Legendary Member
A mate of mine has a Road King. It's beautifaully finished, albeit not a single piece of bodywork is exactly the same shade of red as any of its neighbours.

I don't dig Hardly's at all, but I do like the looks on the Sportster 883R. Very pretty little tool.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I do like shotgun exhausts. I had straight thrus on my old chopped VN. Stupidly loud and looking back probably very annoying for others perhaps. When I say chopped I mean ratted. Don't do shiny so everything was matt black and an old eyeless dolls head stuck on top of the back rest. Went like the clappers!

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Kind of wish I'd kept this one.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Looking forward to an improvement in the weather, and it'll be time to get this out of hibernation:

It needs a new front tyre, which I already have (need to get the wheel to a tyre fitter though). Charge the battery and fire her up, hopefully!
This year I am without work for the foreseeable future, so an extended tour may be on the cards. As might be an extended cycling tour. Weather dependent as always!

Jonjay

Über Member
Bought another SV650 last year having not had a bike for several years. Previously had a curvy SV and then a ZX6 636. Both great bikes. I used to commute on them, now just for a nice weather bit of fun though, so looking forward to the weather warming up.

Attachments

• 74B24352-D315-4ADC-9779-CA456D6027B2.jpeg
    74B24352-D315-4ADC-9779-CA456D6027B2.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 3

Gunk

Guru
I put my ‘93 Fireblade up for sale this week, it’s time to move it on. I’m getting a bit old for Sportsbikes, these days the riding position doesn’t suit me and I now feel like something modern so can do some longer trips.

I’m replacing it with a BMW S1000R sport, I’ve desperately wanted one since they first came out, used they are now at a level I can afford without any finance, so really looking forward to the experience, I’ll keep you updated.

keithmac

Guru
The S1000r is a great bike, I've worked on a few and they are very well made and finished.

The later bikes do have better throttle response/ throttle mapping but they are all good.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've got a hankering for some old British iron, perhaps an original Commando. I keep telling myself no, but one day ill spor one for sale and will be too week to resist.
Have you seen the price of those babies recently?

Top Bottom