Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to have the smaller version the Street triple, great bike.
If anyone asked me about the speed triple I always recommended the street triple. I think it’s the perfect bike. Fast, sublime handling, torquey and sounds gorgeous. I think from 0-100mph it’s claimed equal to the speed triple, only after 100 would it begin to pull away but holding on at that speed to a naked bike is awful and to me now just scary. So at everyday 0-70mph max the street wins hands down. The Speeds downsides the street doesn’t have. I have a soft spot for speed triples though so couldn’t swop now. Beautiful bikes the street triples :okay:

Gunk

Guru
If anyone asked me about the speed triple I always recommended the street triple. I think it’s the perfect bike. Fast, sublime handling, torquey and sounds gorgeous. I think from 0-100mph it’s claimed equal to the speed triple, only after 100 would it begin to pull away but holding on at that speed to a naked bike is awful and to me now just scary. So at everyday 0-70mph max the street wins hands down. The Speeds downsides the street doesn’t have. I have a soft spot for speed triples though so couldn’t swop now. Beautiful bikes the street triples :okay:

It's funny it was always a bike I'd never owned but liked, so I sold my old Honda CBR 600 F3 and bought this one two years ago with only 2000 miles on the clock. I loved the looks and the riding position but it just didn't do it for me, I found it slightly boring. the problem is that the old Blade is just such an event every time you ride it, it's always going to be the default choice of bike out of the garage, Last year the Triumph only did about 400 miles between MOT's so it made sense to move it on. The garage is now packed full of pushbikes so I'm not going to replace it.

It's funny it was always a bike I'd never owned but liked, so I sold my old Honda CBR 600 F3 and bought this one two years ago with only 2000 miles on the clock. I loved the looks and the riding position but it just didn't do it for me, I found it slightly boring. the problem is that the old Blade is just such an event every time you ride it, it's always going to be the default choice of bike out of the garage, Last year the Triumph only did about 400 miles between MOT's so it made sense to move it on. The garage is now packed full of pushbikes so I'm not going to replace it.
Ah you have an old Fireblade ? I was a yuff when the original was launched at Philip Island, black, The likes of Shaun Emmett testing it. I dreamed, too young so that was that. Times moved on but still iconic and a beauty. I understand why you would choose it. Shame about the street though.

Gunk

Guru
Ah you have an old Fireblade ? I was a yuff when the original was launched at Philip Island, black, The likes of Shaun Emmett testing it. I dreamed, too young so that was that. Times moved on but still iconic and a beauty. I understand why you would choose it. Shame about the street though.

SC28’s are one of the loves of my life. I’ve owned them for many years and I’m slightly obsessed about them. This is my second, but favourite. Previously I owned a 94 Urban Tiger.

SC28’s are one of the loves of my life. I’ve owned them for many years and I’m slightly obsessed about them. This is my second, but favourite. Previously I owned a 94 Urban Tiger.

View attachment 567952

View attachment 567953
They are lovely looking bikes. Still look fantastic today and highly sort after. I was too young at 17 fresh from passing test to have the original but trawled the grey import sites for the CBR400 baby blade exactly like the second real blade above. Ended up with an NSR250. The two bikes I always wanted to own was the original blade and an RGV 250. Prices for the little stroker now are ridiculous. Resigned to never owning but can admire them all the same. Great bikes Gunk.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Very quick indeed.

keithmac

Guru
I've ridden a few Honda DCT bikes and it's really odd not having a clutch lever!.

Same with the Yamaha FJR Auto, takes a bit of getting used to.

My mate (briefly) had a CBX many years ago. Didn't they do 90mph in 1st gear, or something daft like that?
kawasaki ZX 10R 2005 did 107mph in first gear according to press. I took mine on scenic route to Bridlington and on the straight from cafe opened it up. 106mph on digital speedo, shaking its head like a shiting dog. So with speedo error probably 100 but still bonkers for 1st gear. Not long after that I realised how much I loved life and how weak my a-hole was was.

Top Bottom