Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnsop99

Veteran
I'd been thinking about downsizing or a few months now as I'm getting older and the VFR was getting heavier! Finally made the decision and bought this beauty taking me back to the days of my youth. A bike much more suited to the roads around North Cornwall/Devon than the VFR ever was. Done just over 100 miles in three separate rides so far and come back with a broad grin on my face each time.
Interceptor 6550.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd been thinking about downsizing or a few months now as I'm getting older and the VFR was getting heavier! Finally made the decision and bought this beauty taking me back to the days of my youth. A bike much more suited to the roads around North Cornwall/Devon than the VFR ever was. Done just over 100 miles in three separate rides so far and come back with a broad grin on my face each time.
View attachment 682764

I thought about one of those before I bought the Triumph Sprint, or the Himyalean

Johnsop99

Veteran
I have thought about the Triumph Sprint in the past but find them too tall and heavy. I also thought about the Himalayan but decided the power drop was just too bigger a step to take. The Interceptor has just the right amount of power/torque for the roads around here.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
View attachment 682764

That looks bloody lovely.

Gunk

Guru
After being laid up since October, I had my S1000R serviced and MOT’d last week. Yesterday I decided to ride up to Northampton to see some pals and pop in to my parents to deliver some bits and bobs. It was 120 miles of mainly boring motorways and dual carriageways, but the now 9 year old 30,000 mile BMW was fantastic, I always scheme about swapping bikes over the winter hibernation period (too much time on my hands) but I honestly can’t think of anything else which has the same breadth of abilities. the ease of use for 160 bhp supernaked is amazing,
and when you do want to play the power is utterly intoxicating :evil:

A5FDDD1A-ABA9-4116-BA2F-BEF5AA268D16.jpeg

8BEA1459-6F0F-43F4-AEDA-94D1BA939C32.jpeg

8E187139-41AD-445F-A292-8981F946A851.jpeg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
After being laid up since October, I had my S1000R serviced and MOT’d last week. Yesterday I decided to ride up to Northampton to see some pals and pop in to my parents to deliver some bits and bobs. It was 120 miles of mainly boring motorways and dual carriageways, but the now 9 year old 30,000 mile BMW was fantastic, I always scheme about swapping bikes over the winter hibernation period (too much time on my hands) but I honestly can’t think of anything else which has the same breadth of abilities. the ease of use for 160 bhp supernaked is amazing,
and when you do want to play the power is utterly intoxicating :evil:

View attachment 684933

View attachment 684934

View attachment 684935

Yea bet that’s fun ! I’m so over full-fairing crotch rockets. You had since new and enjoyed those miles yourself or ?

Afraid my 2-wheeled toy is still garaged from its Winter Hibernation. All I’ve done this year is change to the clock this weekend to BST 🤦‍♂️ Must make an effort to MOT and use….

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Yea bet that’s fun ! I’m so over full-fairing crotch rockets. You had since new and enjoyed those mikes yourself or ?

Afraid my 2-wheeled you is still garaged from its Winter Hibernation. All I’ve done this year is change to the clock this weekend to BST 🤦‍♂️ Must make an effort to MOT and use….

Owned it two years now and I’ve put 8000 miles on it. I came from Fireblade’s and would never go back!

D

Deleted member 26715

Son decided he wanted a change from his Triumph Daytona so put it up for sale & sold it within 4 hours, sent me a message asking if he could borrow my Sprint, as he'd got a ride planned with the lads. He came over to fetch it, went out but on the way back stopped at a shop & it won't start, all that happens when he presses the starter button it just clicks. Luckily he wasn't that far from him so his partner came & fetched him, took him home for the van so he could come back & collected the bike.

Presumably it's a battery or the starter motor, he put it on charge last night.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Son decided he wanted a change from his Triumph Daytona so put it up for sale & sold it within 4 hours, sent me a message asking if he could borrow my Sprint, as he'd got a ride planned with the lads. He came over to fetch it, went out but on the way back stopped at a shop & it won't start, all that happens when he presses the starter button it just clicks. Luckily he wasn't that far from him so his partner came & fetched him, took him home for the van so he could come back & collected the bike.

Presumably it's a battery or the starter motor, he put it on charge last night.

Sounds like Starter solenoid going - but not enough juice in the battery to then engage and turn the engine.
New Battery / Trickle Charger investment time i reckon.......

Kids hey ! Bet its been fine while its been siting there with you :laugh: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 26715

Sounds like Starter solenoid going - but not enough juice in the battery to then engage and turn the engine.
New Battery / Trickle Charger investment time i reckon.......

Kids hey ! Bet its been fine while its been siting there with you :laugh: :rofl:
Not had an issue starting before & he's done 100 miles so battery should be charged, it had just had a new stator & regulator before I bought it, they are a known weakness.

Top Bottom