Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst in the Isle Of Man, it would have been wrong not to get a T-shirt

Oddly, these were cheaper than the (now ‘worthless’??) 2023 shirts

I bought it at a shop, on Douglas promenade, not too far from our hotel

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6545.jpeg

Oddly, the Spar in Douglas also sold TT related clothing
I’ve never seen clothes for sale in one elsewhere
IMG_6692.jpeg

keithmac

Guru
When you see them racing full chat around the IOM TT it's bloody frightening, they have balls of steel!.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My partner's lad has just passed his CBT. I was utterly gobsmacked that they passed him, as when out on the road he went around a roundabout the wrong way. They passed him, and then said he shouldn't go out alone yet because he's "a nightmare". The cynical side of me thinks that they don't want him taking up a half-price repeat CBT slot (as is one of their offers/gurantees) when they can fill full-price slots in the summer months.

Anyway, me and him rode the scooter around fora bit and it's still seriously down on power. It wouldn't even get up the moderate but long hill that he needs to go up to his dad's house. So it's back in the garage. The guy there is very good, he's going to fit a new caliper and brake assembly (as for chinese parts it's cheaper than rebuilding stuff), front brake was binding a bit so maybe that'll help. Also it felt like it wasn't revving out properly, and would often cut out when throttle was shut off quickly, so new carb (£30). Finally he's going to flush the fuel tank and fill it with super (i.e. not E10); he did suggest that from the start but I couldn't find any in the area I was at at the time I needed to fill up.

Failing that, we'll just have to sell it and get a new one. The ones he used on CBT went up hills with no trouble, albeit slowly, but this one comes to a halt at full throttle up any decent hill

I came across this one earlier
It's an unusual perspective, & shows the riders movements to good effect

No!, it's not a video game. it's 'Milky' Quayle, on a Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP
Watch & enjoy

Although he's not a race pace, it's still damned fast!!

Plus, he can't take the full racing line, due to the camera, so loses time due to that

Locations of interest (& my times are a few seconds before, so you can see the location fully)
Bray Hill @ 00:20
Ballacraine @ 04:04
Ballaugh Bridge @ 09:15
Sulby Straight @ 10:20
Parliament Square @ 12:40
Ramsey Hairpin @ 13:25
Gooseneck @ 14:10
Verandah @ 16:25 (site of Connor Cummins, horrendous 2010 'off')
Bungalow @ 16:55
Kates Cottage @ 18:35
Creg-ny-bar @ 18:45

Enjoy!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kstEvBVCUo

Ripple

Veteran
When I did mine a learner was told to go home before we even went for a ride part. The guy's English was almost non-existant. He didn't understand even the most simple instructions given by instructor while we still were at the yard.

Gunk

Guru
Had a rare day off today, so a very nice ride across the Cotswolds, met some other biker pals in Bibury for breakfast. Good to see it all without the tourists, although they started arriving by the bus load at around 10.00am.

IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
An update on the little Cub. I’ve fitted a new coil, HT lead and plug and still no spark. I’ve come to end of my limited abilities, so it’s now going off in a van to Northampton where a Guru can fix it.

I’ll then focus on the detailing and cosmetics.

IMG_1552.jpeg

figbat

Slippery scientist
So, figbat jr (aged 13) has decided he prefers bikes to cars and has wanted to go on the back of mine for a while. Last week we went to Sportsbikeshop in Reading and kitted him out, so now we’ve had a couple of rides together and he loves it. I’m delighted, but the small issue is that now he wants to come out every time I go for a ride!

Gunk

Guru
So, figbat jr (aged 13) has decided he prefers bikes to cars and has wanted to go on the back of mine for a while. Last week we went to Sportsbikeshop in Reading and kitted him out, so now we’ve had a couple of rides together and he loves it. I’m delighted, but the small issue is that now he wants to come out every time I go for a ride!

That is a problem as I ride to get away from them, it’s the only time I really switch off. Fortunately no one in the family has any enthusiasm whatsoever for motorcycles

Top Bottom