Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Mmmm, I think both teams are dealing with the consequences of having tried to be a bit too clever on the design front.

Looks like Merc may have taken a good step forward since Imola (is the performance gain circuit-specific, well, we'll find out soon enough), but RB appear to have potentially shot themselves in the foot. We've gotten used to the cars being incredibly reliable, that so many problems in such a short space of time seems indicative of a fundamental flaw (or flaws) somewhere in the system.

As for Carlos Sainz... Ho hum...

D

Deleted member 26715

My Good Lady is in hospital at the moment

Sorry to hear that hope she gets well soon.

D

Deleted member 26715

Mmmm, I think both teams are dealing with the consequences of having tried to be a bit too clever on the design front.

Looks like Merc may have taken a good step forward since Imola (is the performance gain circuit-specific, well, we'll find out soon enough), but RB appear to have potentially shot themselves in the foot. We've gotten used to the cars being incredibly reliable, that so many problems in such a short space of time seems indicative of a fundamental flaw (or flaws) somewhere in the system.

I wonder if RB's engine problems are due to them now having key's to the cupboard, before Honda would have put the brakes on some stuff as it was their reputation

Gout? :whistle:

Highlights, Channel Four at Half past midnight

Oh ah! After a sleepless night, a morning at a boot sale and then servicing 2 mountain bikes in the afternoon. If I had stayed up to 12.30 I would probably fallen asleep at the start . :angry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Oh ah! After a sleepless night, a morning at a boot sale and then servicing 2 mountain bikes in the afternoon. If I had stayed up to 12.30 I would probably fallen asleep at the start . :angry:

And not on All 4 yet, I'd hoped to watch it over breakfast.:sad:

I have just read 2 reports on a certain teams performance comparing their drivers making out that there is a huge void between them . From the results I see that they finished one behind the other . Sometimes luck can play a part as to when tyre changes and safety cars occur and so can affect how one driver may gain whilst another loses. I think the press are just trying to stir things up !
It doesn't work on me as I see what they are up to and will ignore anything they write .

D

Deleted member 26715

I have just read 2 reports on a certain teams performance comparing their drivers making out that there is a huge void between them . From the results I see that they finished one behind the other . Sometimes luck can play a part as to when tyre changes and safety cars occur and so can affect how one driver may gain whilst another loses. I think the press are just trying to stir things up !
It doesn't work on me as I see what they are up to and will ignore anything they write .

Not read it & don't read much media as most of it is trying to stir up something that isn't there just to try to make the mundane interesting & sell the advertising.

2 teammates finished behind each other, one appears to be on a skill & commitment level, the other was on strategy & a fortunate safety car, although they were willing to roll the dice in the hope of that safety car. But either way I think the pressure is really only on 1 of the 4 drivers & I also think that is mainly in his own head, if he can conquer that demon he may make the step required, but he only has a couple more races to be able to do that before he takes on a supporting role.

icowden

Veteran
Anyone else find the coverage a little grating? I found it very hard to take to the Yankee Nascar driver having such a big role in the presenting bundle and some of her pieces to camera for filler were frankly painful.

I did find it amusing that the way Sky have packaged the titles presentation builds up through the drivers to indicate a Hamilton / Verstappen rematch which is not on the cards by the look of it. I enjoyed the race but a shame Merc couldn't get back their Friday pace.

D

Deleted member 26715

Anyone else find the coverage a little grating? I found it very hard to take to the Yankee Nascar driver having such a big role in the presenting bundle and some of her pieces to camera for filler were frankly painful.

I did find it amusing that the way Sky have packaged the titles presentation builds up through the drivers to indicate a Hamilton / Verstappen rematch which is not on the cards by the look of it. I enjoyed the race but a shame Merc couldn't get back their Friday pace.

I was going to question your comment about Nascar wasn't aware she had driven in the series as she's better known for Indy cars, but she is a she & not a he, (although the wrong ethnic group she'll have to do), she is a yank, the race was in yankieland & F1 is trying to sell F1 to the yanks, why would they not have her says the cynic in me.

Jody

Stubborn git
I thought she was enthusiastic and knew what was going on.

Reasonable race I thought. Not the most action packed but a decent watch.

Top Bottom