Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure that's quite fair, yes they have closed each bunch up & each bunch is closer together, but the same teams are in the same bunches, Mercedes I think are a victim of their own consequences, they tried something radical & it doesn't at the moment appear to have worked.

I read that one of their problems was down to not being able to fully test their cars in the wind tunnel due to limited time . I'm not sure if it was down to the new rule changes whereby the higher up you finished in the championship the less time you got . :wacko:

D

Deleted member 26715

That is a good point .

Which I'm going to change slightly, it's 30 drivers as each has their reserve, however again in the raft of regulations an extra 30 pieces of paper is nothing.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's only 20 drivers, theres a huge raft of regulations, surely it's not inconceivable to add another page to declare all jewellery on each race. As @Illaveago & Hamilton says there are bigger issues than to worry about this.
The rule itself isn't new, its just being enforced a bit more. Hamilton was warned over the ear piercings a few years ago, yet decided to do nothing about them.
Why does any driver need one watch on whilst driving, let alone three. Or chains round their neck.
Again, only the one driver doesn't want to comply with the rules that everyone else does.

The paper, listing what each driver is wearing, sounds simple enough. But you've to make sure that goes where they go. Who keeps that piece of paper, the team, race control or the medical centre. Or perhaps the medical car, first official vehicle on scene.

D

Deleted member 26715

Not sure that anyone actually competed in 3 watches etc. as to where this information is held, presumably somewhere each drivers blood group, current medication, medical history, emergency contact, DNR requests, are all held in a central place, the jewellery records would just be along side those.

Maybe it is just a penis length exercise just to prove who controls who, the new guy on the block trying to prove a point, maybe a deliberate ploy, rob him of a title, give him an uncompetitive car, take his jewellery off him, the conspiracy theorist will be loving it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not sure that anyone actually competed in 3 watches etc. as to where this information is held, presumably somewhere each drivers blood group, current medication, medical history, emergency contact, DNR requests, are all held in a central place, the jewellery records would just be along side those.

Maybe it is just a penis length exercise just to prove who controls who, the new guy on the block trying to prove a point, maybe a deliberate ploy, rob him of a title, give him an uncompetitive car, take his jewellery off him, the conspiracy theorist will be loving it.
Hamilton wore three, just to "prove a point" in the last race.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
As for jewellery, I have photos in the archive I keep of drivers in the late 80s / early 90s wearing a chain with a St Christopher on. Or something of that ilk, really.

So it's nothing new, really.

SydZ

Über Member
Hamilton wore three, just to "prove a point" in the last race.

Possibly covered already.

Metal causes flaring in a lot imagining carried out in hospital, and ferrous metals are a no-no in MRI.

I suspect the rule is in place in event of a serious crash requiring hospitalisation. The last thing an emergency team want to be doing is digging out jewellery, especially if the area has suffered burns, as it's affecting an image.

Cerdic

In the mean time, I'm enjoying some fantastic racing from Brands Hatch :becool:

Me too. Sadly only on the telly this year…

figbat

Slippery scientist
Today's Formula E from Berlin was a compelling watch..

Really? I was there and found it somewhat underwhelming. In fact the whole thing was very uninspiring - no support races, very little off-track things to see or do, and all set up very cheaply. Admittedly you are a lot closer to the action and I did rub shoulders with Buemi as he walked through the public area, but it was all pretty low key - you wouldn’t even know it was happening stood right outside the venue. Maybe it’s best watching on TV.

I did like the venue as a place to visit though - it still felt like a plane could arrive and discharge passengers at any moment.

Top Bottom