Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Italian fans gracious in defeat I see.

Always makes me laugh when commentators call them "the most knowledgeable fans in the world"

If it's not a red car with a nag painted on it, they don't care. Times when both cars have retired early, the grandstands have emptied out before the race is finished.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Always makes me laugh when commentators call them "the most knowledgeable fans in the world"

If it's not a red car with a nag painted on it, they don't care. Times when both cars have retired early, the grandstands have emptied out before the race is finished.

Rather like the Brazilians leaving en masse if Senna went out.

D

Deleted member 26715

Difficulty is there can only be 20 on the track (currently) there's not enough space for all those that should be

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
It's always been the case, even in the days where there were 30-plus cars and pre-qualifying at stupid-o-clock on Friday mornings.

But everyone else here says Formula E is poodoo... :tongue:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Difficulty is there can only be 20 on the track (currently) there's not enough space for all those that should be

There would be room for 2 more drivers if some idiot let the teams veto another team joining.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's always been the case, even in the days where there were 30-plus cars and pre-qualifying at stupid-o-clock on Friday mornings.

True but they are getting there earlier at 23? De Bryies is old by comparison

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
True but they are getting there earlier at 23? De Bryies is old by comparison

I think the current era is unusual with so many drivers having come into F1 at a very young age.

The rules have since changed regarding the minimum age someone must be in order to drive an F1 car, as have the superlicence requirements. Basically it's been tightened up, and I doubt we'll see this again.

Nyck is 27 iirc. Back in the day, that would be a fairly standard age for a driver to be getting into F1. You used to have to have a full road licence before being able to race on the circuits, so you'd be starting in junior FF1600 at 17. Then add a year or two in senior FF1600, a year of FF2000, a couple of years of F3 and then maybe another couple in F3000...

D

Deleted member 26715

It is, it's the format not the drivers ^_^

But back to the Safety car, I wonder where Verstappen was when the decision to send it out was & how did he get past the pit exit in front of it, was it because he came into the pits & Russell didn't then if that was the case then wasn't he effectively in first place?

Anyone else watch on Sky Go? I've occasionally had a lag in the sound over picture but at the start of the race yesterday they were already going into Curve Grande when the commentary said "Lights Out" I disconnected, signed in again it was the same, so I watched on Main event which didn't have the lag.

But back to the Safety car, I wonder where Verstappen was when the decision to send it out was & how did he get past the pit exit in front of it, was it because he came into the pits & Russell didn't then if that was the case then wasn't he effectively in first place?

Anyone else watch on Sky Go? I've occasionally had a lag in the sound over picture but at the start of the race yesterday they were already going into Curve Grande when the commentary said "Lights Out" I disconnected, signed in again it was the same, so I watched on Main event which didn't have the lag.

Censorship!
They are just making sure no naughty words get out ! :whistle:

If Hamilton hadn't gone in to change tyres he could also have won if the others had changed theirs. It was a right old cock up ! :angry:

figbat

Slippery scientist
If Hamilton hadn't gone in to change tyres he could also have won if the others had changed theirs. It was a right old cock up ! :angry:

How so? Max had enough time to stop and resume without losing the lead. I think most teams banked on the fact that it wasn't going to restart so track position was key. The biggest cock-up was the safety car picking up George as the leader when it should've been Max, meaning the whole field had to file past the safety car again to get Max at the front.

Last edited:
Top Bottom