Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Tough call on young Logan S , having to give your car to faster team mate. Imagine Albon sticks it in the wall again and another chassis destroyed . NO Pressure Alex !!

Jody

Stubborn git
Williams need to drag themsevles out of the 90's and get their act together.

Surprised they have done so well in the last couple of years given how archaic the infastructure/methods are.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Well that made a pleasant surprise!

Max didn’t deserve that but it made the race much more enjoyable. What a drive from Carlos! He showed Charles a clean pair of heels more than once. And where Checonshould be picking up the wins when Max doesn’t… he didn’t, not even a podium.

Maybe Lewis’s move is the right one after all…

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Well that made a pleasant surprise!

Max didn’t deserve that but it made the race much more enjoyable. What a drive from Carlos! He showed Charles a clean pair of heels more than once. And where Checonshould be picking up the wins when Max doesn’t… he didn’t, not even a podium.

Maybe Lewis’s move is the right one after all…

It was madness that a red flag wasn't shown after Russell's crash.

figbat

Slippery scientist
It was madness that a red flag wasn't shown after Russell's crash.

Agreed. I said at the time that should have been the decision but they obviously decided they could carry on without making that decision but making the other decision. Apparently the affected driver was calling for the other thing to happen over the radio.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Telemetry suggests that there should perhaps have been something rather more draconian than 20 secs.

The FIA penalised him for "potentially dangerous driving" which seems a very odd reason .

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Norris could have slowed for Piastri on the last lap and allowed him regain the 3rd , they are all avaricious little over paid buggers for the main part

Why should he have done that?

He was demonstrably faster than Piastri for pretty well much the whole race weekend, and on a different strategy at the time the team swapped them round.

If the swaparound hadn't been done, it could have compromised both their races given that Oscar was on older tyres at the time.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Why should he have done that?

He was demonstrably faster than Piastri for pretty well much the whole race weekend, and on a different strategy at the time the team swapped them round.

If the swaparound hadn't been done, it could have compromised both their races given that Oscar was on older tyres at the time.

I said " ON THE LAST LAP " to switch places back again . That compromises nobody's race . Piastri had 6 secs to spare over 5th place car on the last lap and Norris 11 secs over him. It was Piastri's home race FFS ! It would have been a magnanimous gesture but i'll quote myself again "they are all avaricious little over paid buggers for the main part " these days . Who really gives a fiddlers f**k about a third place ? . Second is the first loser and you could see that sentiment all over Leclerc's face, but he was gracious enough to pay compliment to Seinz and admit he did a better job all weekend than himself . A bigger man would have let Piastri slip past but all Norris 's beady little eyes could see was to get his grubby little paws a 14th podium .

figbat

Slippery scientist
I said " ON THE LAST LAP " to switch places back again . That compromises nobody's race . Piastri had 6 secs to spare over 5th place car on the last lap and Norris 11 secs over him. It was Piastri's home race FFS ! It would have been a magnanimous gesture but i'll quote myself again "they are all avaricious little over paid buggers for the main part " these days . Who really gives a fiddlers f**k about a third place ? . Second is the first loser and you could see that sentiment all over Leclerc's face, but he was gracious enough to pay compliment to Seinz and admit he did a better job all weekend than himself . A bigger man would have let Piastri slip past but all Norris 's beady little eyes could see was to get his grubby little paws a 14th podium .

Each of these driver's are doing their job. Their future employability is based on their past results. There's no good reason for Lando to have given up his podium; he was faster than Oscar on an offset strategy and made it work by picking up the best result behind the clearly superior Ferraris. Oscar was asked to move out of the way rather than have the team mates fight each other with the potential consequences being destroyed tyres or destroyed cars. It was a case of "please don't hold him up". As far as the team's concerned it's 3rd and 4th place whichever way it finishes, so the points haul is the same. After he went past, Lando disappeared into the distance - why shouldn't he reap the rewards of a superior drive?

Top Bottom