Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perez has been out soon since the day he joined Red Bull.

Sparks flew when Sainz and Verstappen when they were at Toro Rosso and the atmosphere was often described as toxic at best so even though Sainz is more than good enough for the Red Bull seat I can't see it happening while their dad's are in the picture.

Perez wasn't very good in a McLaren either.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Perez wasn't very good in a McLaren either.

But neither was the McLaren...

Drago

Legendary Member
I see Tonto Wolves is still wasting time and bandwidth on stuff not directly related to fixing his teams problems.

He has now described Michael Masi as a "pathological egomaniac." Well, he would certainly know what one looks like, seeing as he faces one in the bathroom mirror every morning.

Wolf is degenerating into a bit of a prat. He's fiddling while Rome burns, seemingly determined to have an opinion on everything other than that which his team needs to win races. Any other TP would have been sacked by now, something which he himself grudgingly alluded to a few weeks ago. I really hope Sainz doesn't end up there, not with such an easily distracted and unfocused team leader.

Not only that, but Wilf is blind to simple reality.

He's now claimed Hamilton isn't looking over the fence at Ferraris form. Er, I've got news for you matey - he has been doing just that for quite some time, and he's already told you he's going to vault over it.

He used to be such a single minded machine of a TP, but he's well and truly lost the plot. The habits of successful people is not to waste time and resources on distractions and matters of irrelevance, yet he's making an art form out of just that. Red Bull Spice must be chuckling into his sleeve, doubtless grateful himself to have anything at all to chuckle about right now.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I see Tonto Wolves is still wasting time and bandwidth on stuff not directly related to fixing his teams problems.

He has now described Michael Masi as a "pathological egomaniac." Well, he would certainly know what one looks like, seeing as he faces one in the bathroom mirror every morning.

Wolf is degenerating into a bit of a prat. He's fiddling while Rome burns, seemingly determined to have an opinion on everything other than that which his team needs to win races. Any other TP would have been sacked by now, something which he himself grudgingly alluded to a few weeks ago. I really hope Sainz doesn't end up there, not with such an easily distracted and unfocused team leader.

Not only that, but Wilf is blind to simple reality.

He's now claimed Hamilton isn't looking over the fence at Ferraris form. Er, I've got news for you matey - he has been doing just that for quite some time, and he's already told you he's going to vault over it.

He used to be such a single minded machine of a TP, but he's well and truly lost the plot. The habits of successful people is not to waste time and resources on distractions and matters of irrelevance, yet he's making an art form out of just that. Red Bull Spice must be chuckling into his sleeve, doubtless grateful himself to have anything at all to chuckle about right now.

Bring back Ross Brawn.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
IIRC, Jos has a conviction for attempted murder.

So yes, a nasty piece of work.

icowden

Veteran
Have you missed taking your pills again? He has a book out. That's a quote from the book. That he wrote. A while back. Probably during downtime for a bit of relaxation.

Personally I'd stop reading GPFans if I were you. It seems to disagree with you.

It would save you a lot of typing if you just periodically posted "I don't like Toto Wolff, Lewis Hamilton or Mercedes".

We get it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Where's the yawn emoji when you really need it?

Who says I don't like Mercedes? I've owned more of them than you.

Big fan of Wuthell, although sad to say I don't think he's going to be the premier class driver I'd hoped, although having to drive the wheelie bin he's been given and still outperforming a multiple world champion is mighty impressive all the same.

And who says I don't like Wolf? Unlike you, I've actually met him (even taller than me, as it happens) and he was fine. He and Geoff Willis took me and a few brethren on a tour of the factory at Brackley a few years ago, and very interesting and gracious they both were.

However, the continuing downfall of his team and his persistence in doing everything except that which is necessary to actually address it is worthy of comment, and the sporting media does so with daily regularity, so why also should I not do so when discussing the topic? I'd dearly like him to eliminate everything from his professional life that does not directly contribute to reversing that situation, and each day he does not do so gives me something else to chunter about, and its just gobsmacking that a man as clearly as intelligent as he lacks the psychological control to be able to do so. If you don't like that then an F1 discussion thread is probably not the place for you to be lurking.

And Lewis, no I don't like him. That wasn't always the case, but his petulant and puerile comment at Monaco in 2011 gave us a glimpse into his real character. That was nasty thing to say, wholly without foundation. He wasnt joking as he later claimed (strangely he didnt claim to be joking until after the FIA had seriously bollicked him), im certain in his mind that he actually believed it. He's a bellend, albeit in his prime a very talented one, with a planet sized chip on his shoulder. And were I ever to meet him I'd cheerfully tell him so, although he doesn't visit the slums these days so that's unlikely.

And I tell you what else, Mr Cowbell. I'm going to keep saying it whenever I like, and if you don't like then that's a shame.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have you missed taking your pills again? He has a book out. That's a quote from the book. That he wrote*. A while back. Probably during downtime for a bit of relaxation.

Personally I'd stop reading GPFans if I were you. It seems to disagree with you.

It would save you a lot of typing if you just periodically posted "I don't like Toto Wolff, Lewis Hamilton or Mercedes".

We get it.
Do you mean the recently released book ‘The Formula’, written by Joshua Robinson and Jonathan Clegg?

classic33

Leg End Member
Where's the yawn emoji when you really need it?

Who says I don't like Mercedes? I've owned more of them than you.

Big fan of Wuthell, although sad to say I don't think he's going to be the premier class driver I'd hoped, although having to drive the wheelie bin he's been given and still outperforming a multiple world champion is mighty impressive all the same.

And who says I don't like Wolf? Unlike you, I've actually met him (even taller than me, as it happens) and he was fine. He and Geoff Willis took me and a few brethren on a tour of the factory at Brackley a few years ago, and very interesting and gracious they both were.

However, the continuing downfall of his team and his persistence in doing everything except that which is necessary to actually address it is worthy of comment, and the sporting media does so with daily regularity, so why also should I not do so when discussing the topic? I'd dearly like him to eliminate everything from his professional life that does not directly contribute to reversing that situation, and each day he does not do so gives me something else to chunter about, and its just gobsmacking that a man as clearly as intelligent as he lacks the psychological control to be able to do so. If you don't like that then an F1 discussion thread is probably not the place for you to be lurking.

And Lewis, no I don't like him. That wasn't always the case, but his petulant and puerile comment at Monaco in 2011 gave us a glimpse into his real character. That was nasty thing to say, wholly without foundation. He wasnt joking as he later claimed (strangely he didnt claim to be joking until after the FIA had seriously bollicked him), im certain in his mind that he actually believed it. He's a bellend, albeit in his prime a very talented one, with a planet sized chip on his shoulder. And were I ever to meet him I'd cheerfully tell him so, although he doesn't visit the slums these days so that's unlikely.

And I tell you what else, Mr Cowbell. I'm going to keep saying it whenever I like, and if you don't like then that's a shame.
IMG_20240403_213711.jpg

Top Bottom