Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Some good news then, it's important to the prestige of the sport, but it's never produced a good race yet.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Le Mans has been put back to September...

D

Deleted member 26715

Lots of movement in F1, Vettel out on his ear, Sainz taking his seat at Ferrari & Ricciardo to Mclaren.

Think it's a brave decision for Ferrari, not because he hasn't the talent I believe he has, but they will have 2 drivers who both want the championship, not sure they can handle that, they fight each other Hamilton either beats them both, or on a bad day picks up the points they are sharing between them, knowing his team mate won't be allowed to take points off him.

Ricciardo to Mclaren is a no brainer, assuming they continue to make progress they are moving away from the other 5 towards the top 3, just not quickly enough, but maybe the new engine next year will let them bridge the gap.

I can see Renault pulling out, poor Ocon he just can't catch a break.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I think that's Sainz's career down the can... It'll be like the Schumacher era all over again (except far less successful), with the #2 driver being shafted at every opportunity going, more so if he gets in the way of the "Golden Boy".

IMHO Carlos should've stayed put, regardless of however much money Ferrari were offering him. McLaren are on the up, more so now that they'll have the Mercedes engines again, plus Lole Jr and Lando Norris worked well together.

The second Ferrari seat is a poisoned chalice.

Wonder what will happen to Vettel. Will he end up at Renault? If so, that's some kick in the teeth, albeit a deserved one...

D

Deleted member 26715

I think that's Sainz's career down the can...
The second Ferrari seat is a poisoned chalice.
I really do hope you are wrong, I don't think CS Snr would have allowed a move for his boy to be a 2nd
Wonder what will happen to Vettel. Will he end up at Renault? If so, that's some kick in the teeth, albeit a deserved one...
As above I don't think there will be a seat to have, they will blame Covid & pull out, possibly along with Williams, I do hope I'm wrong, but either way I can't see Vettel on the grid, not in F1 that is, the question is has he had a call from Doodleland.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Sainz will be a support driver at Ferrari - they have gone all-in on Leclerc. There was a rumour a while back that Lewis fancied a go in a red jumpsuit but clearly now is not the time for that, so any chance of a Merc/Ferrari job=swap for Vettel has gone. Although, he is German and I don't believe Bottas has got a contract after 2020... :whistle:

McLaren does look promising for Daniel but the complication of fitting a new engine into an old chassis can't be the best way of moving up the grid. Vettel at Renault? If this happens it'll be because he's desperate to stay in F1 - I'm sure he'd go well in WEC or DTM or Formula E if he could take the pay cut.

Can I have an each-way fiver on Vettel to Merc?

D

Deleted member 1258

Sainz will be a support driver at Ferrari - they have gone all-in on Leclerc. There was a rumour a while back that Lewis fancied a go in a red jumpsuit but clearly now is not the time for that, so any chance of a Merc/Ferrari job=swap for Vettel has gone. Although, he is German and I don't believe Bottas has got a contract after 2020... :whistle:

McLaren does look promising for Daniel but the complication of fitting a new engine into an old chassis can't be the best way of moving up the grid. Vettel at Renault? If this happens it'll be because he's desperate to stay in F1 - I'm sure he'd go well in WEC or DTM or Formula E if he could take the pay cut.

Can I have an each-way fiver on Vettel to Merc?

I can't see Vettel at Mercedes, if he joins Hamilton there Toto Wolfe will be bulk buying tin hats and flac jackets

D

Deleted member 1258

No chance of Vettel to Merc

I originally thought that Vettel might go to Maclaren and build a team round him, but now Ricciardo has that seat I think Vettel might retire or go into another formula.

Top Bottom