MOT's extended due to Covid-19

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
And boy, does unleaded go off! My last bike was a GPZ500s that had been stored for two years. The petrol smelled like White Spirit and the engine sounded like it was going to explode. The carbs needed a full stripdown and clean.

My two bikes have had the same fuel in since oct last year. Started them in the last few weeks and they both ran ok, but this fuel is now getting to old to trust.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My two bikes have had the same fuel in since oct last year. Started them in the last few weeks and they both ran ok, but this fuel is now getting to old to trust.
I think the premium life of unleaded is three months, after that it starts to degrade very gradually.

Smudge

Veteran
I think the premium life of unleaded is three months, after that it starts to degrade very gradually.

I've ordered some STA-BIL to be delivered.
Not sure whether i could get away with adding it to 6 month old fuel, or drain the tanks and go out and get fresh fuel. Obviously the latter would be best, but i'm not supposed to be going out at all.
So now i have this concern on top of getting food and medication delivered.
Its my own fault, i should have sorted the fuel issue in my bikes before this pandemic shyte went down this bad.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My MOT isn't due until september, and it's due a service at the same time. They can defer an MOT for 6 months, but I'm not risking not being able to get it serviced. As a backup I've just ordered a full service kit from opie in case I end up needing to do it myself this time around.

@fossyant what car do you have if tyres are 150 sheets a go? My car has 20" wheels and the tyres for that are only 150 each for reasonable quality boots

Qashqai - the Conti's Premium Contact 2 or Michelin's Primacy are getting on for that - 18". I have two Conti's to go on, as the rears are Conti's also, but have been on since new from what I can see, about 7 years. Cheaper tyres are coming in around £85 each.

I got 4 premium "cheap tyres" for my car for £300.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
This could be one of the edge cases. It is quite plausible that the risk of unroadworthy and neglected cars might exceed the risk of virus transmission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

This could be one of the edge cases. It is quite plausible that the risk of unroadworthy and neglected cars might exceed the risk of virus transmission.
I suspect that the risk of "unroadworthy and neglected cars" already does, the risk of "unroadworthy and neglected drivers" certainly does

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ruddy Ada. Mine are 255/45 20, Pirelli Scorpions can be had for 150 sheets...although Cross Climates are 250 a corner.

My son's Skoda Fabia's are about £120 each. We've got him 7mm part worns recently in November, then he did a track 30 minutes and wrecked them, so he had to buy some more. Bridgestone Turanza. :ohmy:

Top Bottom