MOT's extended due to Covid-19

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The MOT testers are all technicians/mechanics as well, and garages/workshops are still open.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's alright then. Mrs F's not due until June. I have replacement front tyres for the car, which I hope to get fitted next week, but the rears will probably get an advisory as they are 'cracking' a little due to age - that gives me another 6 months to get them - PS they are safe and loads of tread (front's are on limit) but they are £150 a pop !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mine's due 28 April but is booked in for a service and MOT next week. If they stay open I'll leave it at that as the car needed a service anyway.

It's a Peugeot Tepee and we're (or were) doing a lot of miles between races on something that's useful but old.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The MOT testers are all technicians/mechanics as well, and garages/workshops are still open.
At the moment, I suspect part of this is to try to close down another group of workers who don't need to travel & more importantly touch surfaces that potential carriers have already touched.

I found out as the son has taken our bike to be tested today, that particular station only does bike testing, they are now closing as of Friday

Drago

Legendary Member
My MOT isn't due until september, and it's due a service at the same time. They can defer an MOT for 6 months, but I'm not risking not being able to get it serviced. As a backup I've just ordered a full service kit from opie in case I end up needing to do it myself this time around.

@fossyant what car do you have if tyres are 150 sheets a go? My car has 20" wheels and the tyres for that are only 150 each for reasonable quality boots

anothersam

SMIDSMe
This was the topic of much discussion at home as we were trying to decide whether or not to go ahead with ours yesterday. We did. When I heard the news this morning I’ll admit my first thought was Damn, could’ve had an extra half year for free. However, my wife quickly helped me count our blessings. The car needed a service anyway (it turns out one tyre was on the edge), and as Drago says, it wasn’t worth the risk of not being able to get it serviced.

Smudge

Veteran
Thats handy, although its only one of my motorcycles that's due.
More of an issue is my mc's have already not been used for many months, now it'll be many more months of sitting idle with the unleaded in the system going off. I think i'm going to have to have some time out from this house imprisonment and take them for a good run and put fresh fuel in. Plus put fuel stabilizer in.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Thats handy, although its only one of my motorcycles that's due.
More of an issue is my mc's have already not been used for many months, now it'll be many more months of sitting idle with the unleaded in the system going off. I think i'm going to have to have some time out from this house imprisonment and take them for a good run and put fresh fuel in. Plus put fuel stabilizer in.
And boy, does unleaded go off! My last bike was a GPZ500s that had been stored for two years. The petrol smelled like White Spirit and the engine sounded like it was going to explode. The carbs needed a full stripdown and clean.

Top Bottom