Mountain Bike to Road: What to expect? - O and Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

cyclebum said:
Bonj, I think you've just given yourself away and I really feel quite sorry for you. You must be so lonely and bored that it is making you bitter and twisted.
I'm not a winger,in fact I do have a good sense of humour. Your last but one response to me when I read it did actually make me smile, not because I thought it was funny, I just realised how sad you are.
However if you really do want to make amends, you could always show willing and sponsor me for my India ride!;)

;) if that's what you want to think...

bonj said:
No, I'm not trying to put you off, I'd welcome anybody - I'd just rather you didn't whinge, stopped taking everything as seriously as you obviously do and realise that you shouldn't take offence if offence isn't intended, as it isn't. What, specifically, have I said that has offended you?
And you have been on here quite a long time, ages as far as I recall.

Bonj, once again you're being a complete arse. The beginner's section is here to help out beginners, and not to make silly comments about spelling or anything else. Cyclebum has not been whinging - she's merely pointed out when you're being oafish and ill mannered. If you can't be helpful to beginners, then keep out of the section and confine yourself to areas where you can't do any harm.

bonj2

Patrick Stevens said:
Bonj, once again you're being a complete arse. The beginner's section is here to help out beginners, and not to make silly comments about spelling or anything else. Cyclebum has not been whinging - she's merely pointed out when you're being oafish and ill mannered. If you can't be helpful to beginners, then keep out of the section and confine yourself to areas where you can't do any harm.

;) when have i made a silly comment about anyone's spelling? Smells like a deliberate unfounded accusation to me. At least accuse me of something i'm guilty of. Anyhow i'm rapidly losing interest in this thread, it does seem to have descended into tit-for-tat with everyone else becoming all holier-than-thou.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I know - it was silly. ;) Any deliberate mis-spelling is silly, imho.

Bonj. Stop being a tit. Cyclebum made a fairly common spelling mistake and you accused her of doing it deliberately for effect, and did so rudely. Which is what Patrick telling you off for. It's you he's accusing of being silly, not cyclebum.

You've been rude and offputting in a number of threads in this section, and it's completely unecessary. We oldies know your 'style', daft though we may think it is, but any newbie coming here and getting a 'smart' remark from you might well be offended or upset. Show off your effortless wit and extensive opinions on everything in Soapbox, but in beginners, try to confine yourself to the decent helpful advice you've shown you are capable of giving when you want to.

domtyler

Über Member
There are a few posts on here that smack of [the threat of] censorship. Newcomers are mainly going to be adults so they should be able to defend themselves against bonjys tyranny.
This forum is [or should be] about embracing free speech, let what bonj says stand however much it grates I say.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
There are a few posts on here that smack of [the threat of] censorship. Newcomers are mainly going to be adults so they should be able to defend themselves against bonjys tyranny.
This forum is [or should be] about embracing free speech, let what bonj says stand however much it grates I say.

Is asking someone not to be needlessly rude, censorship? I'd suggest it was just decency...

domtyler

Über Member
I certainly think there is an implicit threat there. One of my main bugbears with this forum is the unnecessarily large number of moderators. I am particularly wary since Steve Austin started deleting my posts that he didn't like.

Tynan

Veteran
I haven't noticed any moderation and giving it 'free speech' is nonsense imho

every forum on the internet has guidelines about keeping threads on topic and being polite

for simple and obvious reasons, wading into threads and making them about you on a regular basis is oafish

Top Bottom