Moving a bike from Glasgow to South East - Help please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary P

Über Member
Hi all

I live in Brighton and have a holiday home on the west coast of Scotland about an hour and 40 mins from Glasgow.

I'm looking for help getting a road bike from the Scottish end of the country to the South East. Are any forum users van drivers/truck drivers who would be willing to help for suitable remuneration?

I could box it and either post or courier it but would really rather it went with someone who cared about bikes rather than slinging it into a truck with everything piled on top of it.

Does anyone do the Glasgow to London run regularly?

I'll be in Scotland tomorrow (26th Sept) for 6 days. Am hoping to get it sorted in that time frame.

Thanks all

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Gary P silly question time why cant you bring it back ?

Brandane

Legendary Member
You're about 2 years too late! I used to drive for this lot:

They run about 4 trucks every night, 7 days per week, between Glasgow and Heathrow. Having known some of the drivers though, I might be more inclined to trust a bike to EasyJet :whistle:.

snorri

Legendary Member
As you clearly value this bike, would it not be better to put it with a recognised carrier? At least then you could make a legal claim if the bike got damaged. Asking someone to take it south on the cheap could lead to unpleasantness (:whistle:) and you would have no redress in law if it picked up the slightest blemish en route.
:smile:

OP
OP
Gary P

Gary P

Über Member
Past experience of couriers has put me off. The small print for damage clauses is an easy get out for them. I'd trust a forum member more than I'd trust a courier or parcelforce. Plus I'd rather give someone genuine some cash than the airline or the couriers.

If no one can help I'll do it the next time I drive up so I was just hoping someone might do the journey regularly and be able to help out?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I know you're averse to couriers but I used Paisley Freight a few months ago to shift a bike to London, next business day delivery, insured to £500 for a cost of £33. If your bike's worth more there would be a slight increase.

The buyer reported no damage to the bike, which I'd taken good care to protect and wrap well anyway.

GC

Top Bottom