Moving a bike from Glasgow to South East - Help please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Yebbut the England/Scotland border isn't patrolled by, er, anybody! :smile:
Actually...................................Noodley is...... errr..... doing something down that way now;)

compo

Veteran
Thanks for the tip. Riding down would be obvious had I a week to spare!

In the mid 1960's I rode a 5 speed, what would now be considered a BSO, from Chingford in London to Kirkaldy in Fife in a weekend. I left Friday afternoon and arrived Sunday night. I didn't stop overnight, just grabbed an hour now and then on a convenient bench or bus shelter en route. I doubt I would try it now though!

Deanno1dad

Über Member
In the mid 1960's I rode a 5 speed, what would now be considered a BSO, from Chingford in London to Kirkaldy in Fife in a weekend. I left Friday afternoon and arrived Sunday night. I didn't stop overnight, just grabbed an hour now and then on a convenient bench or bus shelter en route. I doubt I would try it now though!
Compo..that is one mad bike ride.....and how's that Ammaco MTB,is it still going?

compo

Veteran
Compo..that is one mad bike ride.....and how's that Ammaco MTB,is it still going?

You were nearly correct. It was one mad man's bike ride!

I gave the Ammaco to my daughter, she loves it and goes out most weekends for a ride with her hubby.

Top Bottom