Moving to St Annes near Blackpool..your thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
We went to Blackpool a lot on holiday when I was a youngster, I went been once or twice as a teenager, not been for a long time and not a lot to tempt me, but even as a child I could tell Lytham/St Annes was a much nicer place, a seaside climate has got to be a big plus, my auntie lived in Cleveleys which was nice, but not as nice Lytham/St Annes.

The older Yorkshire folk tend to move to the east coast (we are a bit clannish) but there are some nice spots on the Lancashire coast (did I really say that) so I would go for it if I was you.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've cycled a fair bit around those flatlands. There are no hills but you turn a corner and face the wind, it's like going up a bugger of a hill. Turn another corner and the wind's behind you, that's the down hill bit :smile:

alicat

Legendary Member
It's your call. We can't guide you on what is important for you. Do it if it feels right but not if not.

Re the cycling, remember that the presence of the sea cuts your cycling area down by a half.

wisdom

Guru
Its not that far from Ansdell to Garstang (20 miles ish ) and there are some good hills around there if thats what you are wanting. Can be done on quiet lanes as well.
Scorton is a magnet for cyclists at the weekend.Nice ice cream too.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
We went to Blackpool a lot on holiday when I was a youngster, I went been once or twice as a teenager, not been for a long time and not a lot to tempt me, but even as a child I could tell Lytham/St Annes was a much nicer place, a seaside climate has got to be a big plus, my auntie lived in Cleveleys which was nice, but not as nice Lytham/St Annes.

The older Yorkshire folk tend to move to the east coast (we are a bit clannish) but there are some nice spots on the Lancashire coast (did I really say that) so I would go for it if I was you.
Daffy Yellow Card.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Are you going to change your forum name to Annie?
No,but if i go i'll be changing my 'location' to The Flatlands of St Annes,or summat like that.:tongue:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's your call. We can't guide you on what is important for you. Do it if it feels right but not if not.

Re the cycling, remember that the presence of the sea cuts your cycling area down by a half.
I'm thinking that riding from St Annes to Fleetwood and back regularly would be ok. It must be around a 20 mile trip and with the wind affect i suppose it's better than nothing. Imagine what it'd be like in summer though with all those tourists getting in the way.:wacko:

Salar

A fish out of water
I'm thinking that riding from St Annes to Fleetwood and back regularly would be ok. It must be around a 20 mile trip and with the wind affect i suppose it's better than nothing. Imagine what it'd be like in summer though with all those tourists getting in the way.:wacko:

I stayed in a caravan many years ago in Fleetwood, Me and my lad did that ride a few times along the coast, nice and easy, but I do remember a couple of steep mini concrete ramps.

You can see the Tower from miles away on the ride.

Drago

Legendary Member
I stayed in a caravan many years ago in Fleetwood, Me and my lad did that ride a few times along the coast, nice and easy, but I do remember a couple of steep mini concrete ramps.

You can see the Tower from miles away on the ride.

What did Mick Fleetwood think of you sticking a caravan in him?

Top Bottom