Moving to St Annes near Blackpool..your thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Consider the following...

• Nearest PIP assessment centre?
  • Likelihood of bus passengers smelling of cigarettes and chip oil sitting in front of you?
  • Being bullied down your local pub?
  • Cheaper car insurance?
  • Advantages of flat terrain, should your gear cable snap again mid-ride?
  • Location of bike shops in the area, and their puncture repair pricing policy (especially out of hours)?
  • Dodgy traffic wardens?
  • Who would win the 'fly killing championship' in your local should you move ?
  • Potential increase in dead seagulls being found at the roadside?
  • Would the palm tree prefer the seaside?
  • Location of local greengrocers (should you ever have a pineapple/coconut moment again)?
  • Water rates (would getting a meter be cheaper)?
  • What is the 'carcass removal policy' of the local council, when they decide to appoint someone to cull rabbits in a cemetery?
Of course the list above is not extensive, but cover a few key areas for consideration.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Consider the following...

• Nearest PIP assessment centre?
  • Likelihood of bus passengers smelling of cigarettes and chip oil sitting in front of you?
  • Being bullied down your local pub?
  • Cheaper car insurance?
  • Advantages of flat terrain, should your gear cable snap again mid-ride?
  • Location of bike shops in the area, and their puncture repair pricing policy (especially out of hours)?
  • Dodgy traffic wardens?
  • Who would win the 'fly killing championship' in your local should you move ?
  • Potential increase in dead seagulls being found at the roadside?
  • Would the palm tree prefer the seaside
  • Location of local greengrocers (should you ever have a pineapple/coconut moment again)?
  • Water rates (would getting a meter be cheaper)?
  • What is the 'carcass removal policy' of the local council, when they decide to appoint someone to cull rabbits in a cemetery?
Of course the list above is not extensive, but cover a few key areas for consideration.
And there was me thinking isn't it nice that no one has posted a petty post so far.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cheaper car insurance?

Who would win the 'fly killing championship' in your local should you move

Would the palm tree prefer the seaside?

Location of local greengrocers (should you ever have a pineapple/coconut moment again)?

Actually,you have raised some positive thoughts and questions there. Maybe i was a little hasty in judging your comments.:hello:

Edit...'Mr Palm' would fit in with all that sand,but would the salty sea air be good for him i wonder?:scratch:

Drago

Legendary Member
Accy, in order to fit in you will need to adopt the local dress. When in Blackpool, a big bushy moustache and a black leather cap with a chrome chain hanging on the front will bring you acceptance and approval from other residents. Dressed thus you will find them very friendly indeed.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think i might've solved the far too easy cycling problem.
https://www.networldsports.co.uk/fo...zgA0TAH5qHtuCVqfPsUzoy-5V7fTDuJcaAu-_EALw_wcB
One of these fastened to my back should make up for the lack of hills.:thumbsup:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
FWIW, my first thought is what lead you to St Annes in the first place? You wrote of looking at flats there, but, unless I have missed it, have not said what triggered this.
Unless you have any particular ties to your current location, other than the football club, aside than the aggravation of moving, if the place seems suitable, what do you have to lose? From what you have posted, you seem disenchanted with events and circumstances in your current location. There are many who are required for one reason or another to stay put, however unsatisfactory or unhappy their lives are. You do not appear to be in that category.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
FWIW, my first thought is what lead you to St Annes in the first place?
It was my brother (he lives there) who suggested it. Like i said earlier,i've thought about moving there in the past,but the rent fees were too high,or at least i thought they were.
We used to go there for our summer holidays when we were children so i kind of have some connection to the place. Then my mum lives over there in a nursing home,so me moving there would make it easier for me to see her.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It was my brother (he lives there) who suggested it. Like i said earlier,i've thought about moving there in the past,but the rent fees were too high,or at least i thought they were.
We used to go there for our summer holidays when we were children so i kind of have some connection to the place. Then my mum lives over there in a nursing home,so me moving there would make it easier for me to see her.

Unless family relationships are strained, moving sounds to have a number of positives.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Oh my, we had great hoildays in St Annes as a kid. Really nice place, Went back when we cycled a sustrans route (90?) We stayed in a caravan in Warton near the BAE factory . Happy days. :smile:

Top Bottom