Moving to St Annes near Blackpool..your thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was considering st Anne's when we retire between there, Moracambe and Filey, seen as swmbo won't entertain France.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Get a Jag, drink G&T and join the golf club

You'll fit right in

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Quite a nice climate along that stretch of coast but truly dull terrain. We have friends in Thornton Cleveleys where they have lived all their life and they absolutely love it but maybe that's because their roots are there which masks the dullness of the place.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
It's a nice area. I had a friend who lived there, until her and her husband moved to Aberdeen to be closer to family, when they retired. I seem to remember enjoying visiting her.

Ask yourself if you would regret it if you didn't take the opportunity.

Venod

Eh up
Ask yourself if you would regret it if you didn't take the opportunity

That's a very good way to consider it.

When we were 1st married I really wanted to go live in Australia to see if it suited us, but Mrs Afnug had reservations one being she would miss her mother, she has mentioned on more than one occasion that we should have gone and give it a try.

We are now in a position to be able to go on holiday there, I also have friends and relations there, but guess what, Mrs Afnugs mother is now 94 so there is no way we can disappear for 3 to 4 week, so if its something you want to do, do it now, you might live to regret not moving.

Last edited:
I used to have a girlfriend in Lytham 30 odd years ago........it was quite posh then :smile:
Was she after a bit of rough :smile:
Will return with more serious thoughts when on a proper keyboard.
Why are you thinking of moving accy? Do you have roots/contacts/work there?
Briefly, when younger I would have thought both lytham and st annes boring as hell and much preffered blackpool. Must be getting old, now rather like the "twinned" towns.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Go for it. Any town that has a statue of Les Dawson can't be bad.

And it's also rocking all these famous faces who were born or live(d) in Lytham St Annes (according to Wiki) include entertainer George Formby, comedians Les Dawson and Roy Walker, comedian and broadcaster Jenny Eclair, actors Stephen Tompkinson, Jonas Armstrong, Dean Lennox Kelly and Craig Kelly, composer Peter Dickinson, guitarist Mario Parga, drummer with Alien Sex Fiend and UFX/Uncle Fester Ratfink (Andrew Wilson), variety hall entertainer Betty Jumel, singer-songwriter Marli Harwood and Gigwise.com founder Andy Day. Your name could be on that list! ^_^

snorri

Legendary Member
The pier dries out at low tide, where would you berth your yacht?:sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
Golf is a good walk spoiled. Nearly every copper I worked with was a golfist, and they'd spend all day rattling on about their new golf bats and walking round the golf pitch try g not to get struck by lightning. Grrr....

You'd have to change your name to Blackpool Biker.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ask yourself if you would regret it if you didn't take the opportunity.

At least it's a kind of open invitation,meaning i can move there anytime i want to. If i had to give a definite yes or no asap i'd probably wimp out and say no..then live to regret it! Then again,with it being an open invite i might pussyfoot around and not take the opportunity. I need a bit of decisiveness or someone to push me into making a decision. At the moment it's about 70/30 in favour of going. It was made easier today when i got talking to a bloke at the footy match i know who moved over that way last March. He too has lived in the same town all his life(Darwen near Blackburn,about 6 miles from me). He said he hasn't regretted it at all. He even said he'd give me a lift to the football matches,so that's good to know.

Top Bottom