Mow Cop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I saw on twitter Helen and Nicola are going to go in fancy dress? Good luck!

I guess I got lucky with the pictures, being snapped in the worst of the weather, looks dramatic I suppose.

I cycled for the 1st time since Sunday this morning, been busy doing nothing and eating biscuits all week, probably packed on a couple of pounds, hah. Rode up Skye Rd and Holme Moss at a "comfortable" pace (power was well below my limit for those kind of climbs), yet still nearly puked on Skye Rd, lol. Chris my clubmate who does the Hill Climbs was out too on his single speed, 44:16 up Holme Moss, mentalist!

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
Last hill climb tomorrow and looks like a screaming head wind
I see @dr_pink got another podium spot today, and on her birthday too :birthday:

dr_pink

I saw on twitter Helen and Nicola are going to go in fancy dress? Good luck!
Didn't bother with fancy dress in the end - packed in a rush and couldn't find anything (un)suitable...

I see @dr_pink got another podium spot today, and on her birthday too :birthday:
The organisers had made a birthday cake for one of their riders and me :smile:

It just occurred to me that the winning girl was half my age....

Feeling quite sad that the hill climb season is over

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Didn't bother with fancy dress in the end - packed in a rush and couldn't find anything (un)suitable...

The organisers had made a birthday cake for one of their riders and me :smile:

It just occurred to me that the winning girl was half my age....

Feeling quite sad that the hill climb season is over

Same.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
We missed you today Rob3rt - it was a bit odd being at a HC without you there!

Aw, thanks.

What's next for you then?

I should be organising a HC series to take place over a few weeks (3 climbs with distinct profiles and the shortest overall time wins) for the club next year, which may or may not interest you, as it will be a 'club' event series not an 'open'. It will probably also run slightly earlier than the normal HC season. The hills are not yet choosen, but I am thinking along the lines of, Pym's Chair, Windgather and Cat and Fiddle.

If you and @totallyfixed are up this way and have your bikes and fancy a ride out somewhere, you will have to give me a shout :smile:

Last edited:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sorry to resurrect the thread but @totallyfixed and @dr_pink might like to know a pic of Helen appears to have been added to the Cycling Weekly web gallery from the National HC! Noticed it just now as girlfriend retweeted a string of images from 2013 tweets by Cycling Weekly. I managed to get hold of the photographer recently, so if you want his details for prints drop me a message (he might have more images too, you never know).

Helen-Eborall-5th-2.jpg

Attachments

• Helen-Eborall-5th-2.jpg
    Helen-Eborall-5th-2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 38

dr_pink

Sorry to resurrect the thread but @totallyfixed and @dr_pink might like to know a pic of Helen appears to have been added to the Cycling Weekly web gallery from the National HC! Noticed it just now as girlfriend retweeted a string of images from 2013 tweets by Cycling Weekly. I managed to get hold of the photographer recently, so if you want his details for prints drop me a message (he might have more images too, you never know).
Cool! Thanks Rob3rt, nice to re live this again! Yes please send me the contact details

Top Bottom