Mow Cop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
You bods are motivating me to do some stuff next year. Thanks, I think.:wacko:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You bods are motivating me to do some stuff next year. Thanks, I think.:wacko:

You should jump in, I think you would enjoy it and if you pick your events to suit your strengths, you could do well.

I love the HC scene. I was looking forward to a break after the National HC but quite frankly, once it was over, I felt sad, the whole drive home I felt kind of shell shocked and was just thinking, what now? It is not just the racing that I like, but the people, the atmosphere all that stuff. I still feel a little sad that there won't be any more for near a year now, the people I have got used to chatting to weekly at events and during the build up, @totallyfixed & @dr_pink and many more etc, I'll miss all that. You don't get that camaraderie at other kinds of races, I probably get to chat to more people at a single HC than I did in a full season of TT'ing.

I am waiting for @Polocini, i.e. @fossyant 's lot to announce their Autumn funtime HC, I will have a punt at that to keep something on the horizon to look forward too.

I am organising a HC series next year for the club (assuming it gets through the AGM, which it should as my proposed rule change has committee support), so you should definitely come along and ride some, I will probably keep the Cat and Fiddle HC going, but there will be at least 2 more, a short and savage hill and a 9-12 minute climb. Will try to create a mix of traditional HC's of varying length and something a little different if possible (MAYBE some uphill match sprints, if this can be done legitimately) :smile: I am scoping out potential courses atm, but have some existing courses to fall back on if it proves too time consuming with my current business level, which is high! You lot should come along, as I would like good numbers so it can be declared a success and so I don't waste a load of effort.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aye, Al will probably let me know too. Was chatting to him yesterday on twitter and he said there is no date yet. He is busy working on something else atm.

Probably cakes ! :whistle:

I went in the cafe other day (midweek) and he'd buggered off riding his bike, and not serving customers. Pah. - He's been getting ribbed for not riding though !

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I sat down and went over it straight on and it was fine. Wouldn't have fancied honking over it though, I nearly had an off right at the start from wheel slippage just from standing up on the pedals for the 1st part of the climb. Not a chance I would have tried to go over that cattle grid honking like that!

Top Bottom