Mower? too much choice, or too little?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Try one of these. They get into all the corners, work on all ground conditions, don't need petrol or re-charging and have no cables to tangle up. You can eat it or make yourself a woolly jumper when you're finished with it. :okay:

R (6).jpeg

simongt

Guru
After having had / used various electric mowers, I ended up buying a Qualcast Panther 330 push mower about ten years ago. Does the job nicely for our 'lawn' and basic enough for very little to go wrong. :okay:
Also good for keeping me in trim - ! :training:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Serious question…does anybody use a hand tool to cut grease i.e. scythe?

My grass area is c. 2m x 2m and I have an old lawnmower. But it’s heavy and a hassle
bringing it from the garage to the front of the house.

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

Serious question…does anybody use a hand tool to cut grease i.e. scythe?

My grass area is c. 2m x 2m and I have an old lawnmower. But it’s heavy and a hassle
bringing it from the garage to the front of the house.

I was wondering if a scythe is available, as I've been cutting down long grass with shears.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Once again you've tee'd me up nicely there, is that the one you brought second had off @welsh dragon? 😂

Very funny. At least I don't make my dog wear a ponsy pink coat like some round here. :laugh:

BigSid

Guru
I use a scythe. Once you have the correct technique they're really efficient. They do need regular honing though. Lots of Youtube videos showing how to use and maintain. I did pay for a one-to one lesson. I found it worth it. YMMV. They're not cheap though for a decent one. I'm an early riser and don't like the heat in the middle of the day. As I don't want to upset the neighbours by using a powered mower at 0700 :smile: I got a scythe. They come in different sizes (blade lengths and handles (snaiths)). The right one can give a very fine lawn. Quiet, pollution free, exercise and fun! If anyone is really interested and lives in Somerset there is a Mower Meadow Mini Fest this weekend 9/10 September at Somerset Scything School. Free but booking required. Camping available. I have no connection except that's where I had my lesson about six years ago. Andi is a multiple British scything champion. Also sell scythes and maintenance equipment.

Jameshow

Veteran
I went to b+m just now to pick up a cheap mower all sold and it's 30°! Halloween stuff galore! 🤣

Just heard they have taken over Wilko stores..😥😥

Top Bottom