Mrs v's new bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She decided that her 80's dropped frame ladies team Raliegh is old and too heavy so my local LBS had a part chop Boardmans in and did me a cracking deal on it
DSC_0080.JPG

Finally got her on a Real Road bike.... I thought he said was a ladies bike but its a small mens but traded in by a woman and its spot on size for Mrs V

OP
OP
simon the viking
Oh and don't mention the pedals :banghead:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have a Race, now relegated to the turbo, but out on the road it's a pretty smooth and balanced ride. The wheels are admittedly a bit heavy but they've stayed true. I hope she gets on well with it.

OP
OP
simon the viking
What about the pedals?

He showed it me this afternoon with no pedals and I said have you got any you can pop on it for now and he kindly gave us some flat resin pedals which Mrs Vsay look fine and is going to leave them on it..... I tried to get her to clipless in keeping with the bike ..... but flat MTB pedals (and no toe clips) are staying on it

OP
OP
simon the viking
And I was going to tape my black Defy bars in yellow (in no way influenced by Marcel Kittel's Stage 1 win Yellow jersey bike last year:shy:) but it would look a bit Howard and Hilda now though (although the Boardman is very dark blue)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
simon the viking said:
I took it round the block and my feet kept slipping off.... she says she kept trying to brake using the suicide levers she hasn't got now......

:laugh: nice looking bike by the way.

runner

Guru
go clipless you will never look back....when I first tried clipless yes i did have a few problems (they were too tight and had to take my feet out of my shoes whilst leaning the bike up against a wall) but once you get used the "efficiency" of the pedal movement is amazing....I could never cycle in those big pedals...or should that be paddles^_^

OP
OP
simon the viking
go clipless you will never look back....when I first tried clipless yes i did have a few problems (they were too tight and had to take my feet out of my shoes whilst leaning the bike up against a wall) but once you get used the "efficiency" of the pedal movement is amazing....I could never cycle in those big pedals...or should that be paddles^_^
I'm converted its the Mrs who's not listening to me

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Very nice , i nearly went for that when i bought my boardman as i liked the colour although i opted for the comp in white which has been a chip magnet .
A small or Xsmall ?
Mines a small (53)
The standard wheels are cxp 22s which are bombproof, no need to change them untill they wear out .

Top Bottom