Mrs V's used and abused bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simon the viking
It looks like new, top job .
The photos do it a favour though.. It is scratched on top tube and all the nuts (behave) need changing (or more likely painting) as they are tarnished, changing all of them to stainless steel would have added quite a bit due to time required...

Definitely.. Her budget when she bought it was around 250 she stretched it to 350 to buy this hardly used trade in at lbs where its just been serviced. The cost to original purchaser was around 600... So would never get replaced with anything half as good

Trouble only comes if your better half likes the bar tape sparkly yellow, I had it once and it was a pain to keep clean - get a job lot in if you see it cheap or invest in some fine elbow grease

OP
OP
simon the viking
I seemed to remember posting a photo when it was purchased, I had a look and found this Fred.....

Mrs V has owned it for almost exactly 4 years not the 5 i thought and it seems from the comments I made it was £300 not £350... absolute bargain, in the 4 years she has owned it, it has been serviced just once before this week due to time restraints.... needed virtually every day and the bike looks almost identical to now! (the location doesn't the photo was taken in our old houses kitchen.)

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Agree to all of the above , my original boardman is what going on 8 years old now and i still think of it as too nice for winter commuting which is why im still using my rat bike .
I know where you take your bikes and he does a good job and if like me ATM your time pressed (im currently doing 12 hour shifts ) then its sometimes pays to get it done although generally that sort of work i tackle myself .

12boy

Guru
For 20 years I lived 3.5 miles from work but still rode up to 20 round trip.. BTW a coat of clear shellac will keep the bar tape easy tomclean so it stays yellow. Good for your wife...seems that she got her bike dialed in perfectly in the 4 years.

Top Bottom