MSc survey on 'shared travel' - online link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard1650

I am doing an MSc in Strategic Engineering Management and as part of my dissertation I am collecting data in the form of a online survey.

Please can you assist me in getting more responses to my survey? Any help to broaden the survey sample demographic would be much appreciated.

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/shared-travel

It should take no more than 3 minutes. All but two questions are multiple-choice answers. The survey is anonymous and other than the answers, nothing is stored. The research aim is to investigate links between customer needs and customer expectations from urban travel sharing schemes and how, if at all, they can be implemented in a sustainable urban shared mobility solutions.

There are no external stakeholders or sponsors. All the data is independent, and used for my MSc research paper only.

Will private car-sharing have the same impact on the automotive industry as AirBNB has had on the hotel business?

This is the question I what to answer. Further information on the work is below (if you have time to read it!)

And, before the debate starts, I agree, a survey of this type has limits and is not a ‘ramdom’ sample set, especially posting it on a ‘pro-bike’ forum. Yet, how many people are willing to spend 30 minutes completing a 500 question survey? Not many, without paying them or offering some other incentive. ‘Structured observation’ could be used to collect data on true travel choices, however this would be very time consuming, especially to gather a significant amount of data and way beyond the limitation of this study, the biggest weakness is the huge cost and time.

snorri

Legendary Member
Done.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Done, but it wouldn't suit my main use of a car which is to put the bike in the back of for the first part of my commute.

I have known friends who have shared their car with a neighbour for a while and it has worked for them very well but it does mean having to co-ordinate with each other when they need the car, and to think about how to split the costs.

Will private car-sharing have the same impact on the automotive industry as AirBNB has had on the hotel business?

This is the question I what to answer.
Does this imply anyone understands the impact AirBNB has had on the hotel business? It's not black and white, is it.

ETA: Done! I'd only add, in response to Q27: BRING IT ON!

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Done, but I'm not sure how helpful my answers are as I work from home so my only transport 'needs' are shopping and weekends away. If I had to commute to an office my responses would have been quite different. (Now, a garden shredder sharing scheme, I'd be interested in that!)

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Done.

Top Bottom