1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB drop bar conversion

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by cyberknight, 19 Mar 2016.

Tags:
  1. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

I did this Rourke a while ago, originally based on mostly mtb running gear, but the further I went with it the more compatibility issues I ran into so I ended up running basically a SRAM cx chainset.

It rode well enough but was really neither fish nor fowl and was too good a frame just to be used on high days and holidays, so it was all stripped down and the frame now lives in Spain.

DSCN0373_zps15d7a3d1.jpg

grecinos and R600 like this.
  2. Looking good., as did John Tomac, on his YETI, or Raleigh, in the mid-90's

And, as for those Kevlar(?) foldable rear discs
    801f613a42ef5aed1a8f6db1f07e9608.jpg EUBK_John_Tomac_Yeti_C-26.jpg

3. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

Have you done anything with the bars @cyberknight ?

I run John Tomac Cinellis on my conversion - they're very wide (46cm I think) and very comfortable. (Excuse the badly adjusted mudguards) 30029778601_1c10e73cb9_z.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Not yet , one of those i gotta do jobs but as i am skint till pay day ( more than usual ) a new set of bars and longer cables is a no no .I am finding going uphill the front end goes light atm, could be the panniers not helping ?

5. The old CX trick was to trim down the ends of the bars, by a couple of inches, so that the shifters weren't knocked by knees when out of the saddle

cyberknight likes this.
  6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

It's pretty easy to fit bar ends into bullhorns, I used interrupter brake levers fitted backwards on the TT bike (I couldn't get on with the aero extensions ) DSCN0057.JPG

7. yadder

yadder Well-Known Member

Like it topic! Thanks for idea for my Schwinn clear creek. Now i now what i made ))