MTB SPD v Road Clip in Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

koro

Hi,

I have a pair of Shimano PD-M540 Pedals ( riding a Giant Defy 2 ) Cleat positioning has been a nightmare. My left foot positioning of cleat is perfect for that knee. My right though, the only way for my knee to feel great is with a feeling of my foot being a little too far forward on the pedal axle...

Would a road style pedal with a larger foot print of the cleat, make adjustments a little easier? A couple of mm`s forward or backwards of cleat on my mtb pedals and and my knee knows the difference..

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Depends what exactly the problem is. It will probably be the same.
Have you sat on the edge of a table and let your feet hang to see how they naturally position themselves?

Getting clear position is always tricky.

OP
OP
koro

koro

Thanks for your replies,

Yes I have sat on edge of table and so forth...It just seems that my right knee, notices any minute adjustments to the cleat. For my knee to feel perfect,my ball of foot feels a little to far in front of the pedal spindle.( My left knee/foot feels spot on)

As it`s a MTB pedal, I was wandering if moving to a Road pedal with its bigger area, small adjustments to the cleat wouldn`t be as noticble. Does anyone find them to be more comfortable than MTB`s.

Cheers

Top Bottom